Chapter 38

The dusty warehouse was splitting dark as she made her way in and it made her wish that she had brought her phone with her. She stretched out her hands to make sure she was moving in the right direction, it was really frustrating because she stumbled over blocks, crates and so many unseen things that she didn't even want to know about. She could even hear mice squealing around her, it made her want to run back outside but the zeal to get her mum suppressed it.

After she had walked for about 15minutes in the dark she heard a generator and slowly got to a bright part of the warehouse that was lighted by bulbs. She was sure that David had brought the generator, so the bastard was also scared of the dark.

She chuckled.

It took her time to adjust to the brightness after being in the dark for some moment but when she did she saw her mum at the far end of the room tied to a chair.

She felt tears in her eyes when she saw the way her mum had been roughly tied to the chair. Her hands were bounded to the back of the chair and her eyes were tied with a piece of cloth, she was also gagged.

It was all her fault, she had dragged her mum into all this mess and she will make sure she make everything right.

She ran to her mum and touched her shoulders gently, her mum jumped a little. "Don't you dare touch me you brat" her mum snarled.

She smiled." Mum it's me Amy, I've come to take you home"she whispered in her mum's ear.

"Amy! oh God what are you doing here. You need to leave now, he's gonna harm you, go Amy now!"her mum said with fear in her voice.

"No, I won't leave without you, never"she said and started untying the rope that bounded her mum's hand together.

"He's still here honey, I know" her mum said again.

"I don't care if he is here mum, am gonna_

"Well, well, well, who do we have here. My long lost girlfriend" David said coming out ofthe darkness.

She jumped a little and turned to look at him with her hands still on the rope.

"Let her go, she has got nothing to do with all this and we agreed on this"she said glaring at him.

"Yeah we did right but let's make it official to my soon to be mother in-law"he said smiling devilishly at her, then he slowly approached her and remove the gag from her mum's mouth and the cloth that covered her mum's eyes.

Her mum yanked her face away and glared at him.

He chuckled. "Just as fierce as your daughter madam" he said with amusement in his eyes.

She could see that he was enjoying every bit of all this.

"Untie her hands"Amy snapped angrily at him.

"Nah not yet, we still gat a lot to discuss" he said, then he smacked his hands together and smiled when he saw the anger in her eyes. "So, I really meant what I said on the phone and I hope you kept your promise" he said cocking an eyebrow at her.

"I didn't inform your bro cause we aren't on speaking term but..."

"But what" he snapped when she halted.

"You didn't tell me not to inform the cops, did you? Cause I can't remember" she said smiling as she tauted him.

His frown deepened as he glared at her. Suddenly his frown turned into a smile. "No I didn't tell you not to inform them but am sure you aren't that stupid, if not your pretty little mum will soon end up six foot below" he said chuckling.

He was really insane, she could see it but she didn't reply. She just glared at him unwaveringly.

"So as I was saying before I got interrupted, you Amy Chesterfield will stop any foolish feelings you gat for Daniel. Am I clear_

"Why do you hate your brother so much. What have he done to you that make you despise him this much, why?"she said.

She really wanted to know cause the hatred was strong.

His lips tightened into a straight line as his face turned grim for a while, then he looked up at her and smiled. "You really wanna know right"

"Yeah I really do wanna know"

"Do you know the pain that bastard always put me through every fucking day of my life. He always gets in my way, always trying to be good, always trying to get all the love like how he did with mum."he said, then he chuckled.

"Mum saw me as the rotten weak son while she saw him as the good preserved strong worthy son. She loved him so much that the pain in my heart was pass enduring I saw it in her eyes, so I decided to try following his footstep, I tried to be like that bastard and it worked but for a while but then I realized that I was just in his shadow so I decided to stand out on my own, then I became this, me" he added, then he paused.

She folded her arms still waiting.

"But that's not all Amy, do you know who dad gave the major share of his company to. Yes Daniel and yunno why, because he's the most responsible son in the whole planet. Dad claims that he has a matured mind and also a matured way of reasoning. That was why I was left with just 30% of the shares, dad claims that when I get more responsible he will make the shares equal, but I know that he is just lying, they all lie. They claim love me but the truth is that they all love  and prefer him, I know it"

"I tried so hard to be like him, I respected him so I will get some love too but....I was just fooling around and now he wants to have you too. No, I will never let him have you, you are mine and I will_

"She isn't yours" Daniel calmly said coming out of the shadows into the light.

She didn't know how long he had been listening to their conversation but the dark emotions in his eyes told her that he had been listening for a while.

He shouldn't be here, David was mad at the moment and could do something deadly.