Chapter 30

Daniel POV:

They walked slowly into the school hand in hand and heart to heart.

She looked up at him and smiled, his whole heart shone with joy. He still couldn't believe that this beautiful young woman was his.

She was the reason why he was in school today. They had woken up in the early hours of the morning just holding each other and sharing little secrets.

She was a blessing in his life and he didn't want to lose a precious Jewel like her to anyone, not even to his brother. He will never let that happen.

"Welcome back Daniel" some girls said rushing to his side, they brushed Amy away from his side and encircled him.

"We all missed you" Kira said batting her lashes seductively in a way that made him almost laugh.

Instead he smiled. "Yeah, and I missed you girls too" he said.

They all Awwned fanning themselves with their hands, he could see Amy sneer and rolled her eyes and couldn't suppress the chuckle that erupted from him.

She was jealous and he loved it. "Well I will catch you girls later" he said playing along with them.

Then Amy walked away heading for her locker murmuring to herself.

"Bye Daniel" they all squealed, then he grinned and moved to meet her.

"Amy wait up" he called out running towards her.

"Are you done playing" she said when he caught up with her, she folded her arms frowning as she looked ahead.

"Come on baby, it wasn't a big deal, they missed me that's all. Am kind of popular yunno and my absence didn't even diminish it a bit" he said grinning.

"Kind of? you popular King" she said opening her locker.

"You changed it"

"Changed what" she said searching the locker for something.

"The code" he said pointing to her locker.

"Oh, yeah David already figured it out" she said as she pulled out a textbook.

"Were you jealous" he said with amusement in his eyes.

"Jealous, God no!" She said blinking vigorously.

"Then why are you mad, cause you're jealous" he said poking her stomach softly as he grinned widely.

"Am not_ God Daniel, please stop it" She said giggling.

He smiled loving the way her face shone this morning because of a mere laughter.

Then he pulled her closer and encircled his arms around her waist." Have I told you of how beautiful you are this morning" he said staring at her lips.

"Ehmm_well..."

"Well what" he said and bent his head to hers, then he kissed her.

She laughed in his mouth and broke the kiss, then she wounded her arm around his neck looking into his eyes." More than a hundred and_"

"Amy" someone called from behind him.

She looked up, then he turned to see his brother glaring angrily at them, mostly at him.

"What do you want from her" Daniel asked still holding her.

"I just wanna talk" David snapped.

"She is busy" Daniel said and turned back to look her.

"Daniel!" David snarled.

"And why am I hearing that you wanted to take my girl" Daniel said finally pulling away from her to face his brother.

"She isn't yours, Amy come with me" David said staring at her.

"Are we back to this, God David you are such a pain in the ass, can't you_"

"I will go with him Daniel, I wanna hear what this coward gat to say" she said to him, then she turned to face David. "And for your info David, I told you this and am gonna tell you again am his and there is nothing you can do about it" she said.

Daniel grinned loving her the more.

She turned back to him and her gaze softened. "I will be back" she said and smiled, then she stood on her toes and kissed him possessively.

He pulled her back and nodded, then she left with David. He smiled watching the love of his life walking away with his brother.

He love and trusted her with his life and she wouldn't break that trust, he knew.

*********
When he got to class, as usual he was lead to his seat by some student, he nodded at them then they left.

"Hey Daniel, long time no see" Cherry said coming towards him.

"How're you doing Cher" he said smiling at her.

She blushed slightly. Even with her relationship with Jeff she was attracted to him.

"Fine" she said looking around. "Where is Amy!"she added.

"Talking to my bro" he said bringing out his phone.

"With David! after what he said to her" Cherry exclaimed.

"Yeah.."

Now he thought about it, why had David wanted to see her in private. He just didn't want to see her hurt in anyway.

Just then Amy walked in with worry written all over her face. She looked looked ruffled and far away as if her mind was elsewhere.

When she strolled pass him without even looking up at her friend, he held her hand halting her. She jumped a little, then she looked at him.

Her eyes looked dull as if she had been crying, she looked_scared.

"Amy are you alright" he said looking into her eyes.

When she leveled her gaze to reply be knew something was wrong.

"Yeah" she said and slowly pulled her hand free.

"Am not sure you look great" Cherry said frowning at her.

"I am"she said and smiled at her friend. A cold far away smile that didn't reach her eyes, then she walked pass them to her seat and held her face.

"You need to talk to her"Cherry said still staring at Amy.

"She wasn't like that earlier today" he said frowning.

He wondered what was wrong with her, he just hope that it wasn't something to do with David cause he will kill that bastard of a brother.

"How did you know that?"

"Know what?"he asked looking up at her.

"That she was fine earlier this morning" Cherry asked cocking an eyebrow at him.

"We came together" he said, then her lips lifted a little.

"Hmm"she said nodding slowly.

"It's not what you're thinking"

"No am cool, just take things slowly" she said smiling widely.

He grinned. "I will take your advice on that one".

"Better talk to her, I don't wanna see her hurt"Cherry warned.

"I will" he said, mostly to himself.

She nodded and looked over to her friend once again, then she left.

He turned to look at Amy too, she was still how she had been.

He just hope that she was alright.