Chapter 20

Just then David walked in.

"School dismissed four hours ago Dave"Daniel said from the shadows.

David jumped." What are you doing in the dark"he asked and flipped on the light switch.

"Waiting for you to come home"Daniel said as he crossed the room and took a seat.

"You could have just gone to bed" David said unbuttoning his shirt with shaky hands.

The rain was still pouring down heavily outside.

"Amy's friend called, she said that Amy isn't home yet. Do you have any idea on where she could be"he said studying his brother.

David halted with his eyes darting nervously." She isn't back from school yet"he asked sounding surprised.

"Yeah and her mum is seriously worried"he said. David remained silent." Dave do you know where she could be"he pushed.

"I didn't do anything to her, she did it to herself"

"What, she did what"he said narrowing his gaze as he stood to meet his brother.

"I swear to God, I didn't do anything to her. She slipped and fell on a tile, but I thought she would be home already"David rattled nonstop.

"What was he talking about. He just couldn't get it, Amy slipped. How?"

"How did she slip? how do you even know she slipped?"Daniel asked frowning in confusion.

"I just wanted to talk"

"About what"he snapped.

"About her, but I swear bro it wasn't my fault"

"You still wanted to bully her, I thought we were far over this. Where was she when you left her"he said angrily.

"In the ladies"

"FUCK!"Daniel snapped." You followed her to the ladies. I didn't know you were this cheap Dave"he added.

"It was her fault, if she had just co-operated"

"Shut up, shut up. Cooperate with what, did you touch her. Oh God Dave if anything happens to her you will see my bad side"Daniel said and went in.

Then he came out with a blanket and grabbed his car keys. He glared at his bro for a last time and stormed out, the rain was so heavy that it blinded him.

He open his car and threw the now wet blanket in and slide in, then he turned on his engine.

"She isn't yours Daniel, why do you care so much about her. She is free to move with anyone and I swear to you I will get her for myself" David yelled from an open window.

He stuck his head out of his driver's seat window that was rolled down. "She is now mine Dave and I will never let you touch her, I promise you" he yelled back not minding the rain, then he drove away into the night with rain pouring down heavily from heaven.

********
Amy POV:

She stirred groaning loudly as pain hit her hard in her head. She touched her throbbing head and frowned when she saw the blood stain on her palm. The whole incident surfaced back in her mind.

David had done this, that bastard. She glanced at her wrist watch and stood up from the rest room's floor with a force that made her stagger.

She felt dizzy and was losing a lot of blood. Damn it was 10:30pm, like two hours thirty minutes that school dismissed, her mum would be really worried.

Oh God!

She hoped Cherry was home already. She slowly walked to the door with her bag and bloody face. She held the door and turned the handle but it didn't comply.

She shook the handle with more force, still of didn't bulge.

She was trapped.

But David hadn't locked her, had he. She grabbed her bag and took out her phone, maybe she should just call her mum to put her at ease.

Poor network.

How could she have forgotten that there was a heavy downpour happening right outside.

She groaned.

Why was life being so unfair to her.

She slowly sat down on the floor holding her head as she thought of what to do. If she didn't find a way to go home, she will be spending the whole weekend here with a stupid flower pot.

She smiled looking at what caused her misfortune, then a thought crossed her mind.

Maybe the school janitor would already be cleaning the school. With hope in her eyes and heart she stood up again and banged the door wildly screaming for help.

She shove her whole body against the door but it didn't give way and no janitor came to her recuse.

She exhaled slowly .

She was jinxed, cause if she wasn't why did the door magically lock on its own and why wasn't the damn janitor around today.

She dropped to the floor and tried calling her mum and still couldn't reach her, then she held her face as the tears that she had been holding flowed down freely to her cheeks.

As if Daniel's problem wasn't enough to rip her and now this. She cried silently not minding the pain it caused her, not minding the blood that oozed out from her wounded head until she slowly dozed off.

Amy woke up with a start when she heard a footstep. She glanced at her watch again, it was fifteen pass twelve, she wondered who that was.

She silently got up and placed her right ear on the door waiting for a sound.

Maybe it was burglars.

Her eyes widened as her heart raced quickly making her head throb the more.

"Amy" the voice that had been haunting her whole soul called out from the hallway. A tear slide down her cheek.

She missed his badly.

"In here"she yelled back, her voice cracked as tears choked her.

Immediately she replied he shook the door from outside trying to get it open.

"It won't open" she said as tears clouded her eyes.

"Step back Amy"he said and shoved his body against the door but it didn't even click.

"What's wrong with it, is it locked from outside"she asked.

"No..its stuck" he said still pushing it. "It won't open this way" he added.

"Oh God!"she exclaimed raking her hair away from her face.

"Amy calm down honey, I will get you out of here I promise. Okay"he said softly.

"Okay"she said nodding slowly. Then she heard his footstep moving away.

"Daniel"she called out but got no reply, had he left. "Daniel come back, please don't leave me, please don't go" she yelled.

She didn't care. She just wanted to go home, she felt tired. Her bones were all sore and weary.

Then she heard his footstep approaching and heaved a sigh of relief. He hadn't left her.

"Daniel"she called out to be sure that it was really him.

"Yes honey, step back a little bit"he said and shoved something against the door handle, then the door swung open.