Chapter 22

Amy POV:

She moaned feeling....wonderful. She yawned and stretched as  rays of sunlight flickered into the room she slept. She slowly inhaled a heady scent in the room and turned to her side, then she opened her eyes.

She sat up immediately not knowing where she was and looked around trying to recall her surrounding.

Where was she?Had her mom changed their interior without her knowing. No, this room was almost three of hers and it was adorned with expensive furniture's and antiques.

Maybe she had died and gone to heaven. She smiled and flopped back on the bed, if this was heaven, she didn't want to be disturbed.

"Amy"someone said coming into the room and ruining the glorious moment.

Maybe an angel had come to announce breakfast. She was supposed to be called Miss, not just AMY.

She sat up smiling as she turned to the angel. Her smile faded immediately she saw who the angel was, more like demon.

"David"she snarled angrily.

He smiled and slowly moved towards her.

"Don't you dare come any closer"she said pulling up the bed covers over the skimpy night dress she wore.

She was stark naked underneath the night dress. Where was her clothes? who had taken it off leaving her this bare?.

"Amy"David called out softly as he stood at the foot of her bed. She didn't reply, she just glared.

He was the last person on earth that she wanted to see at the moment.

"Am truly sorry for what I did last night, now I think of it I hate myself the more. I mean, what if your asthma attack had started when you were all alone in the restroom, you could have been lying dead right now"he said with remorse in his eyes and voice.

"I would have managed on my own very well so can you please get out now" she snapped. She didn't care if he felt sorry, the deed had already been done.

"No" he said shaking his head. "I won't leave until I am forgiven"he added and sat at the edge of the bed.

She shifted wanting to get farther away from him.

"Am really sorry Amy for all the pain I caused you and have been causing you. I really wish I could take it all back, Daniel hates me now more than ever, am truly sorry".

When she didn't reply he continued. "Amy, I don't know how I can make it up to you, I really wanna do, am fucking dead serious Amy"he said looking into her eyes.

"I don't know what to say"she said in a rasp tone.

"And I also have a confession to make Amy, I think am into you, like really really into you. I mean I like you so much, I don't know when the feelings started but I don't care if you don't like me back all I ask is for your forgiveness, please Amy"he said and held her hands in his.

She frowned.

He liked her, like really into her.

Oh no!

She wanted Daniel not him. He was too dangerous for her and even though he looked a lot like his brother, he wasn't Daniel.

"Amy"he called out snapping her out of her dreamland back to the present.

She looked up at him and smiled.

"Its okay. We started on a rough footing, maybe we should try this all over again Umm"she said still smiling.

He nodded and smiled too. That little smile changed his features, that moment he looked wantable.

"Amy Chesterfield"she said stretching out a hand.

His smile widened." David Perkins"he said taking the hand, then they laughed chasing the tension hovering around them away.

"Why the hell are you here" Daniel said from where he stood at the doorway.

David turned, while she looked up at him. "I came to know how she is feeling"he said.

Daniel rubbed his forehead, visibly tired.

Had he not gotten enough sleep.

She yearned to reach out and soothe him.

"How she is feeling"Daniel chuckled mockingly.

"I saw you guys come in last night but_"

"I don't wanna hear it cause you are the same bastard who put her in this state, in this condition and now you wanna come check if she is dead right David!"Daniel yelled.

"I came to apologize Daniel, am really serious"David replied innocently that Amy pitied him that moment but she didn't say a thing.

Daniel laughed, it was a bitter one. "Apology my ass. You may try to deceive her into believing your nonsense but not me, you don't have a heart David all you want is to have her right"he snapped.

Amy just stared, not believing that she was the subject of the brothers dispute and all she could do was to keep quiet. They were fucking acting like she wasn't in front of them that moment.

"Am honestly serious bro"

"Serious, this isn't the first time you are trying so hard to be nice to someone and I know that you want to achieve something, her right, but I won't let it happen. I told you before and am gonna tell you again, quit bro you have already lost the game right before its even started"Daniel said angrily.

"Daniel please just trust me on this one"David pleaded.

"Trust_"

"Daniel" Amy called out already fed up with the whole situation.

His angry gaze softened as he turned to look at her. "David leave us"he said calmly.

David stared from his brother to her and smiled sweetly at her. "I will make breakfast"he said and left.

Daniel moved closer to her and sat down where his brother had been sitting before. "How are you feeling" he said softly.

"I feel wonderful"she said and smiled looking into his brown chocolate eyes that looked heavy due to lack of sleep.

He nodded slowly.

He was dressed in a faded T-shirt and sweat pant with his hair all rumpled up. He looked adorable, that was the only word to describe him this morning and it was a far cry from how he dressed all sophisticated to school everyday.

"I thought I almost lost you then. Why didn't you tell me that you were asthmatic"he said looking at her as he raked some stray strands away from his face.

"I didn't realise that I still was until yesterday although I always carry my inhaler for precautions"

"David told you about how he felt right"he said. His mood was totally off this morning.

"Yeah, he did but he said it didn't matter"

He exhaled. "He is really lucky, he has a feeling that he can confess freely, not everyone is that lucky"he said.

She knew what he meant, she drew closer to him and touched his face. "But sometimes they can try even if they aren't so lucky"she said.

She suddenly realised that she had made a huge mistake by moving closer to him because the sheet covering her skimpy night dress fell from her body. His gaze immediately fell from her face to her scantily covered body.