Chapter 24

"So, when is Zake going over to aunt Claire's" Amy asked her mum who was busy chopping some vegetables.

"Next week I think, when he vacates this summer"Susan said, her eyes still on what she was doing.

"Okay"she said and moved to the fridge. "Come on, where did all the ice-cream go"she groaned as she opened the fridge.

"I thought you were watching your calories"Susan said grinning at her daughter.

"Yeah, but an ice-cream once a while won't kill"Amy said and grabbed an apple from the opened fridge.

"But why aren't you going with Zake" Susan said turning the microwave on.

"Am not just interested, um yummy"she said as she took a bite from the lush red apple. "Mum am going over to Cher's after dinner"she added.

"Help me with those" Susan said pointing at some chicken wings  over where she stood.

"I just said something"she said passing the wings over.

"I heard and when have you ever asked for my permission or your father's to go over to Cher's"Susan said.

"Never"she said chuckling.

"Your dad is coming home this weekend"Susan said smiling.

"Oh no!"

"Oh yes Amy, God your dad have been gone for two months now, don't tell me that you don't miss him"Susan said with a frown on her elderly face.

"I miss him a lot, most especially his trouble and yelling and_"

"Amy! your dad only yells when you are wrong"

"Oh, like how he disgraced me when I had my 17th birthday party here"

"Honey you didn't even inform us about your party, he was mad"

"Whatever"

"Look baby, we want what's best for you and your brother. You_"

Then the doorbell rang cutting her mum short.

"Are you expecting anyone mum"Amy asked looking at her mum.

"No, its 7:05 pm, I wonder who that is"

"I will go get it. If I may ask where is Zake I haven't_" she stopped as she saw who the person was.

What was he doing here.

She banged the door and went in.

"Who is that"her mum asked coming out of the kitchen.

"No one"she said and brushed past her mum into the living room.

The doorbell rang again.

"What's wrong with you Amy" Susan said and swung the door open.

"Hey Daniel"she heard her mum say, then she rolled her eyes.

She had come to a decision that he didn't exist in her life anymore and it was for the best. She didn't want to get hurt.

"Sorry about Amy's attitude, she is like that sometimes"her mum explained.

"It's not a problem ma'am. She is kind of mad at me I know and I came to make things right" he said smiling at her mum as the entered the living room.

"I will get you guys some snacks"Susan said and left.

The room was suddenly quiet as her mum left. She pressed her phone unseeingly, thinking of the person standing across her.

"Amy" he said softly.

She stood up and headed for the stairs, he pulled her hand halting her. "Well, are you done with Phoebe or do you need a threesome"she said glaring at him.

"Amy, listen to what have got to say, please"

"No you listen, I don't wanna ever see you again. Do you know what you are doing to me, to my heart"she snapped.

He frowned. "Am sorry for whatever I did to your heart but I think I can fix things"he said still holding her.

"No"she said shaking her head. "Its too late, I have made my decision. I can't take this anymore"

"It can work_"

"What can work, the fact that am falling hard for you and you go out there laying with other girls. It can't work, you are a player, I can't give my heart to a player. I just_"

"I love you Amy"he said cutting her short. He cupped her face looking into her eyes.

She frowned, looking at him. "No"she said shaking her head.

"Yes Amy, please look at me, I've been thinking about what you told me about trying to confess your feelings and I've come to realise that my heart it with you. I love you baby, I have never told this to any other girl and really mean it but its really different this time"he said with his eyes darting around her face, trying to reason with her.

"No"she whispered.

"Yes honey, you complete me. I can't go a day without you haunting my thought. Please Amy am sorry, I can't just hold back anymore"he said searching her face for any emotion other than doubt.

"Oh"she exhaled and held her mouth as tears threatened to fall.

"Yes honey, come into my life, you make me whole. I will never hurt you, I will never make you cry, ever"he said and brushed a tear away from her cheek with his thumb.

"Daniel"she whispered looking into his eyes.

"Yes honey"

"I was scared, I was so scared that you will hurt me, that you wouldn't care about how I feel. I tried avoiding you to still the feelings in my heart but it was all in vain, I was just....fooling myself. This heart still longs for you Daniel, I love you"she said sniffling back tears.

"I was so afraid, I thought that I wouldn't be able to say these words to you, I really thought I wouldn't"she said with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh honey, am sorry for the pain I caused you"he said resting his forehead on hers.

She exhaled shakingly and nodded slowly. "We will get through this"she said and snaked her arms around his neck with his forehead still on hers.

He pulled her closer and kissed her nose. "I just can't resist you"he said and pecked her lips.

She giggled. "Really, is that what you say to other girls that falls for you"she said smiling as she caressed the back of his neck.

"No, just you. Other girls aren't so irresistible"he said and finally kissed her lips. She felt her legs shaking with desire as he kissed her so she leaned closer to him while he pulled her nearer.

He broke the kiss slowly, her eyes flew open to find him watching her. "I need you in my life Amy, so what will you say"he whispered, his voice sounded husky.

"Are you asking me out" she said with her voice matching his.

"Yeah, I wish we could get married right now"he said.

They chuckled.

"What about Phoebe"

He encircled his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. "I broke it off with her last night"he reply.

Her mouth flew open in shock.