Chapter 8

Amy POV:

"Amy come play checkers with me and mum"Zake said grinning, showing off his big missing tooth hole.

"No way"she said coming into the living room, then she collapsed into a sofa with her phone.

"Your sister is such a boring lady, I wonder when she will have a boyfriend" her mum said smiling, Zake giggled loudly.

"Mum..."she said hinting a warning.

"Okay fine, I won't bring it up again"her mum said. "By the way aunty Claire called, she wants you guys to come spend summer in new Zealand with her"her mum continued.

"REALLY!" Zake said, his eyes widened.

"Don't get too excited, new Zealand sucks"Amy said.

"You are a mood spoiler"her mum said.

"Mum don't listen to her, tell aunt Claire that I will be prepared"Zake said eyeing her.

She snarled at him.

"Amy who will do the dishes"her mum said.

She groaned.

"They're gonna wash themselves, just chill"she said still texting.

"Woah really, like magic"Zake said visibly fascinated.

"Don't listen to her Zake, she is just too lazy"her mum said.

"I thought you were  really smart, Numbskull"Amy said mockingly to her younger brother.

Then the door bell rang loudly.

"Mum..."Zake said glaring at her as she grinned.

"Amy mind your language and for God sake get the door"her mum said already frustrated.

"Am going already, God you are trouble mum"Amy said as she stood up and headed to the door, it rang again. "Hold on am coming"she said and swung the door open.

"Hey"Daniel said holding up his hand in a wave as she opened the door.

"Hi...I didn't know you will be coming"she said still not believing who it was, oh God she still wore her lizard-like overall. It looked so childish and she felt so embarrassed.

"Can I come in"he said smiling.

"Yeah sure, but my mum and little brother are in, yunno Saturdays"she said smiling nervously.

A whole Daniel Perkins who lived in a mansion in her house, it felt like a dream.

"Oh, no problem"he said stepping in as she moved away.

"Amy what's taking you so long" her mum called from inside.

She swallowed. "Hahaha, mums"she said rubbing her palms together as the suddenly became watery.

He smiled"I Concord"he said, then they laughed.

Slowly they made it to the living room. "Mum, meet Daniel my classmate"she said looking at her mum, waiting for her reaction.

"Oh my God, aren't you just so handsome" her mum said looking up at him, Daniel smiled unsure of what to do. "You are the perfect one for our Amy, I know" her mum continued pulling Daniel to sit beside her.

"Mum.."Amy said rolling her eyes.

"I know, I know, but seriously are you her other half"her mum said smiling sweetly at the silent Daniel.

"Yuck" Zake said heading for his room, she slapped his head as he strode pass her, he stuck his tongue out at her and ran when she made a grab for him. Her mum and Daniel were completely carried away and was oblivious to them.

"Yunno, Amy has never brought a guy over, you are the first. I was already thinking that my daughter will die single but then you came along" her mum said staring at Daniel as if she was held in a spell.

"I think that's enough mum, thanks for the disgrace and give him a break already"Amy said already fed up with her mum's battering.

"And you too ma'am, you are just so perfect, I can see where Amy got her divine beauty from"Daniel said, then they chuckled.

Amy just stared. "Please, spare us the charm"she said and sat down on her once abandoned soda.

"Should I get you anything to drink, eat"her mum said.

Amy could see where all this was going her mum was trying to match them up, but I wouldn't work. It might work for her but Daniel wasn't ready to be involved with a person as plain as she was.

"I don't think so, but a smoothie will do, I just came to borrow Amy for a little moment"Daniel said looking at her.

She frowned.

A little moment why.

"Oh son, she is all yours. You can have her for all the time in the world"her mum said visibly happy.

"Really? like am a commodity"Amy said amazed.

"Don't ruin your only chance to find love Amy" her mum whispered to her still smiling at Daniel, then she left to get his smoothie.

"Can we take a walk"Daniel said softly to her.

She blinked and slowly nodded"Ehmm....sure, lemme go change"she said,

He nodded.

Then she climbed up the stairs to her room aware of his gaze on her but didn't turn.

Few minutes later she was all clothed in a crop top and high tummy trouser with a blue sneakers to match. She even decided to put on a light make-up, she smiled at her reflection and was down in a jiffy.

Daniel smiled at her and stood up when she emerged, then he placed his smoothie on a side table and slowly moved towards her.

"You look charming"he said staring at her.

She blushed.

"Shall we"he said and slowly held her hand in his. That mere contact made her feel weak.

"Sure"she said unable to meet his gaze. "I will be back for dinner mum"she yelled so that her mum who was in the kitchen would hear.

"Take your time kids, and remember no unprotected sex"her mum yelled back.

Amy groaned, her mum could be loudmouthed sometimes.

Daniel chuckled when they got outside, she frowned and turn to look at him.

"What?" She said cocking an eyebrow at him.

"Your mum is really nice"he said looking ahead as the walked.

"Take it from me, she can be really annoying at times"she said pulling her hand free from his. He just glanced at her.

"So you mean to tell me that you haven't been in a relationship" he said.

She exhaled. "Relationship sucks and guys are the worst"she said.

He halted, then she stopped and turn around to look at him"Tell me about it " he said with seriousness in his voice.

She frowned and levelled her gaze wondering why he was suddenly serious.