you're scared of me.

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I sighed, feeling the familiar hum and rocking as the ship docked in the hangar. The tension in the air was heavy, and I wanted to escape it so badly. As the cockpit hatch opened, I quickly and smoothly climbed out of the tie and waited patiently for AJ to emerge.

When he did, I noticed a frown on his face, causing me to revert my gaze away and towards my friends. 

hope he isn't too hurt. 

I thought as we walked over to Red and Leo, who immediately noticed our expressions. "What's wrong?" Leo asked us cautiously, eyes scanning over our faces. At that moment I knew that a lot was wrong. 

But, there wasn't much I could do now.

I stared at my feet, hearing AJ take in a deep breath beside me. He was staring down at me as our eyes connected. He hummed, reverting his gaze back to our friends, his jaw clenched. I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I crossed my arms.

"You know what, I can't do this anymore." AJ spoke suddenly, interrupting the silence as he walked out of the hangar bay. Although his walk was casual, his mind was an absolute frenzy, and it was giving me a headache.

I didn't even try to stop myself as I ran forward after him, catching him just as he was about to exit the hangar. "AJ, wait-"

"No." He whispered down at me. There was no resentment. No hatred. No judgment. Just pain. 

He leaned closer, resting his lips momentarily on my forehead. He said nothing as he pulled away, giving me a soft nod as he turned around, shoulders slumped, and walked away. I stood stunned. The genuine audacity.

Leo moved closer to me, placing a hand on my shoulder, causing me to whip around to face him. His light blue eyes were reassuring to me, but my emotions got the best of me. "I just met you guys," I spoke, crossing my arms. 

"I can't lose you, too." I said quietly, glancing up at Leo and Red. "I can't tell you what happened, but I'm okay. It's AJ I'm worried about." I muttered, just loud enough for them to hear.

They nodded, eyes still filled with confusion. I was glad that they weren't asking any more questions. I sighed, about to say something when I felt a tug in the force, prompting me to look in the direction of the main hangar entrance. 

I glanced up to see Kylo marching down the hallway and into the hanger. His eyes met mine, and the heat of his gaze scorched through mine. He knew. I didn't know exactly what he knew, but he knew something. Something not good. 

I don't know what happened, but some sort of switch inside me snapped.

Panic.

The air in my lungs seemed to freeze, and I couldn't breathe. Despite this, I moved. And boy, did I move. I quickly grabbed onto Leo and Red, instinctively racing out of the hangar. I didn't have a plan, it seemed as though it were an instinct to run. "Where are we going!?" Leo shouted as we ran down the halls. 

"I don't know!" I responded breathily, unsure as to why my mind decided that this was a good idea. I guess I always had an instinct to run whenever I thought I was in trouble. I always ran.