22 | pretty face

The dating rumours took the fanbase by storm, even four days later. Not that Yuko was some sort of idol, but for some reason, people began caring more about her personal life after the big accidental face reveal. There were numerous theories on the internet, some were good, some were just utmost ridiculous.

But since today was another school day, Yuko tried brushing it all off and focus on her studies instead. She entered the classroom, the one for college prep.

However, unlike her plan to ignore all the buzz on her love life, she spotted a white paper bag lying on her desk. "Oh good morning," her friend, Misami, greeted.

"I saw that on my desk but the note says DiA. So obviously for you," she pointed.

"Good morning. What's in it?" Yuko asked while she hung her bag on her chair.

"I dunno, I didn't check."

"Well, is it true? Is it really true?" she asked the moment Yuko sat down on her seat.

"What is it this time?" Yuko asked back with a pout. She hung her bag on her chair and brought out her book.

"Dating rumours. Someone made a minute video compiling all your reactions with K.T.," she explained and showed her phone.

"Yeah, I saw that. Who in the world would have so much time?" she complained.

"I mean, look at you here. So much for trying not to be obvious," she laughed.

"I'm not an idol. I play games. I'm a streamer. That sums it up."

"Yeah but you're a streamer with a pretty face. Makes a difference, Koko-chan."

"Wow," Yuko mouthed upon opening the paper bag.

"What is it?"

"Not telling!" she exclaimed and hid the bag from the other girl's sight.

"Huh? Tell me," she insisted.

"Am not," Yuko teased and put the bag away.

"Is it food?"

"Um, games or something?" Misami kept guessing. "Flowers? Wait no, it's in a paper bag. Uh, a stuffed toy or something?"

"Still not telling, but one of those," Yuko revealed with a mischievous smile.

"Daiwa-san, someone's calling for you," Yuko heard a boy's voice. It was the transferee, Hitoshi.

"Oh, perhaps another admirer?" Misami guessed. "The third one for the week!"

Kuroo, on the other hand, had his instagram flooded with messages from Yuko's fans and of course, an influx of new followers. The fuss on the net placed him on the spotlight, so much even, that Kenma himself brought it up on their way to school.

"You're really dating DiA, Kuroo?" he asked in the middle of the train ride.

"Yup yup," Kuroo gladly answered. "Don't tell people though, I haven't discussed going public with her." It wasn't like Kenma was the type to do so, but Kuroo just said it anyway.

"Some fans are ruthless," Kenma spoke, more like a warning.

"I know, I know. I've read the comments," Kuroo chuckled.

"But her female fanbase supports me," the older added with a smile.

"And her siblings?" Kenma asked, surprisingly having interest of some extent.

"How did you know she was siblings?"

"She mentioned them on a Q and A."

"Well, her little sister calls me rooster. But she likes me. The older brother though? Not so much," Kuroo admitted.

"Did she ask about your hair?"

"Not really. Apparently, my Yuko's not the kind to point things out like that."

"Maybe, you should tell her sometime," the younger suggested, then diverted his attention to his newly installed mobile game.

"Some other time, maybe."

Daiwa Yuko sent you a message!

Kenma's brow raised for a bit before tapping on the message.

Daiwa Yuko: Hello Kenma-san. Sorry for the bother (╥_╥)

Kenma Kozume: ?

Daiwa Yuko: I just found out Tetsu's birthday is in two weeks. Do you think you can help me out?

Kenma Kozume: ?

Daiwa Yuko: I want to do a surprise party or something (╥_╥) Or at least a gift that he'd like

Daiwa Yuko: It's okay if you're too busy!

Kenma Kozume: ok

Hours later, as classes ended, Kuroo prepared to go to his usual volleyball training. With ex-girlfriend back to school, he did all he could to avoid encounters with her.

But that was something she couldn't allow. They were in the same four building, just a classroom wall separating them, so nothing should stop her by now.

"Tetsu," she called his name as she laid her eyes on him. Seems like she was really waiting for him. How persistent, Kuroo thought.

He chose to ignore her. Even without Yuko around, there's really no reason to keep talking.

"Kuroo, wait," she called again and approached him.

"What?" he turned around and paused.

"I really really want to make it up to you," she blurted out, not minding the other students passing by.

"You don't have to, and you shouldn't," Kuroo denied. "So I'll be taking my leave now," he said before turning around again.

"Don't you want closure? Please?"

"The talk the other day was enough for a closure," he rejected her once again, now walking towards the gym.

"A proper talk, one where you won't walk out."

"Look, can you please just-"

"I won't bother you again after that," she promised as she continued following him.

"Tetsu, please," she repeated.

"Tetsu?" they both heard another voice. Kuroo was certain of who the sweet feminine voice belonged to. His newly found romance, Yuko.

Yuko, in the Itachiyama uniform that fit her so well, was standing beside Kenma. They were probably conversing before she witnessed the two. "Great," Kuroo groaned and narrowed his eyes in annoyance, his brows also furrowing.

Kenma inhaled sharply, it wasn't too hard to tell the tension forming.

"H-hello," Yuko also greeted Mimori. Strangely polite too, Kuroo thought.

"I just came over to watch your training but if it's a bit of a bother, I can head home," Yuko continued, letting out an anxious chuckle.

"No, no, Mimori and I were just finished talking," Kuroo tried changing her mind, hoping she'd let him explain.

"We weren't."

"Well, Mimori-san, if you would just let me borrow Tetsurou for a minute, that would be great," Yuko remarked with an intimidating smile, getting a little fed up with the drama.