13 | choosing

"Hello there!" Yuko greeted as she stared at the increasing number of viewers in her gaming livestream.

"Oh, there's a lot of people now," she mumbled and stared into the screen.

"Anyway, tonight's a little random. I just felt like playing, that's all," Yuko added, now browsing her screen with the mouse.

DiASIMP: What r u going to play today?

koharu173: how about another Q and A?

Yuko scrolled through the comments and decided on which one to answer. "Well, I feel like playing a highly requested game," she spoke, "I want to play Hello, Neighbor again."

yejinlee: jumpscares again

DiAViet: its like, your 5th horror game in a row

K.Tetsurou: yuko :((

"Oh," Yuko mouthed and narrowed her eyes upon seeing the unexpected viewer.

skieee01: ITS THE K.T.

jeonni_star: what kt??

aoyeorum: kt??????

DIAAASIMP: I didnt see anything

marcccDiA: what k.t.???

"A-anyways, here we go," Yuko ignored the stirred up comments.

kokochiii: omg i didnt see the comment

K.Tetsurou: yukoo

iambread: me neither wtf

iambread: WAIT NO I SAW IT

"Here," Yuko focused herself on the horror game. "So, I'm restarting the game. The neighbor, you know, the villain here, already read my moves for the hundredth time last game."

"Kenma, she ignored me!" Kuroo whined as they reached their stop.

The two walked out of the train and Kuroo continued viewing her stream.

"Maybe she didn't see it," Kenma speculated, still playing on his console.

"She stared at the screen as soon as she saw my comment," Kuroo continued.

K.Tetsurou: yukooo :(

DiASIMP: THE K.T. GUY

iambread: OH

june_vloggg: woah what happened

"What exactly happened?" Kenma asked, finally showing some interest on Kuroo's love life. He had enough of Kuroo's sad and whiny side when he broke up with his ex, but now it's happening again.

"So Mimori showed up when Yuko and I were gonna go eat dinner. It's not a big deal, right?" Kuroo tried to convince himself.

"By the way," Kuroo heard her voice through his earphones. "I've been getting a lot of questions about dating," Yuko added, making Kuroo focus on his screen again.

DiAfanbase: is this an announcement?

iambread: OMG

yeonyeon10: SO ARE YOU DATING K.T.?

"I don't really know what to say about it," Yuko answered, making him feel a little disappointment. But what did Kuroo expect anyway? An announcement about him?

"I also don't know how you guys would feel about it," Yuko added.

chiyoshun: ;;; is dia ;;; thinking we're going to be disappointed ;;;

koharu173: dia, its ok :((

"Anyway, forget it, I'm probably going to die in the game again," she disregarded the topic and let out a soft giggle, the small laughter Kuroo admired.

"I've played a lot of otome games. 2D men are good enough," she even joked. "2D men will always love you back," she added before completely focusing back on the game.

chiyoshun: is this... unrequited love!!!

ceoofdia: wait what ;;_;; our precious dia-san

"Kuroo, we're here," broke Kuroo's train of thoughts.

"Ah, right," Kuroo raised his head from his phone. "See ya on Monday," he bid his friend farewell.

Kuroo entered his house with his earphones still plugged in and DiA's livestream quite abruptly a few minutes later. After dying in the game twice, she waved her viewers farewell and decided to call it a day.

As soon as the computer and camera were off, Yuko felt relieved and even a little more at ease. She tossed her phone on the bed and laid down.

"Maybe I'm in the way for them," Yuko speculated. "For me, she's in the way with me and Tetsu, but it might be the opposite for her."

Yuko gazed at the plain ceiling to think about it and unknowingly, without warning, her eyes went glassy. With tears piling up, Yuko couldn't understand where it was all coming from. Perhaps it was because her dreamy future with Kuroo was slowly feeling a little too far-fetched now.

Kuroo, on the other hand, tried to clear his mind off the two of them. With the person he called his first love returning, it all felt strange. He wanted that to happen months ago but now? Why now even? When everything was going so well with Yuko?

Kuroo felt guilty for even being conflicted between the two. Minami is his first love but his liking for Yuko was just blossoming.

It felt wrong to choose.