Chapter 17: "Fighting over ice"

"Come at me with all you've got, joker," I said, taking my coat off.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," she replied, stopping the swinging of her urumi abruptly. I took the chance and jumped at her. The separated swords appeared in my way and filled my vision. Wincing at the pain, I grabbed the four swords and pulled them out of the way and delivered a kick to the side of her head. However, she blocked the kick with her free arm. The kick was strong enough to leave a bruise on her arm for days. She winced at the kick and held her arm, glaring at me. Blood dripped down from both my hands as I wiped them on my clothes. 

"I have to admit, I didn't expect you to be this strong," she said picking her urumi up. 

"I haven't done anything yet." 

Elvina swung her urumi around and turned with it. I watched from the side wondering what the hell she was up to. 

"Urumi style: Elf Tornado!" she shouted out. A huge emerald tornado appeared around her and made its way towards me. My hair flew all over as the tornado engulfed me, making cuts all over my body. I held my arms in front of my face and gritted my teeth at the sudden wind pressure. Jumping up, I gave it two strong kicks and it calmed down, eventually disappearing. 

"Your kicks are quite strong, aren't they?" she smirked at me, pulling back her sword. I landed back on the ground and winced in pain at the many tiny cuts that were all over me. 

"Of course they are. I've been training since I was a kid," I said and jumped at her. 

"Split!" she shouted and the urumi separated. I dodged the swords and tried getting near her. It was difficult but I managed to close the gap; I am a close range fighter, so if I wanted to win the fight I had to get close. 

I got near her and threw an upper cut. Her head flew upwards and she started sliding backwards, starting to fall down, however, what I didn't notice was the smirk that decorated her lips. At that moment, she pulled on her urumi and stopped her self from falling. 

"Urumi style: Cage of the Underworld." The separated swords separated even more and twisted around me, binding me tightly. Gritting my teeth at the sharp swords digging at my skin, I let out a pained groan. Elvina laughed at my pain and pulled yanked her urumi, causing it to tighten around me. "Are you guys done yet?" she said, turning around and looking at the triplets. 

Keep calm. Do it all at once. Stay still. She's occupied for now. When she lets her guard down do it. 

I sucked in my stomach and started pushing the swords outwards. Tany cuts on my skin began expanding and bleeding. I gritted my teeth as I kept pushing them outwards, however, I suddenly felt them loosen. Elvina pulled back her urumi intentionally and swung it at someone else. My eyes trailed to the person she was attacking and saw Phonz standing on top of one of the triplets. He looked shocked as the whip-like swords made their way towards him. With a troubled and annoyed expression, he stopped her urumi with his two swords and, gave me what looked like a split-second glare. I was a bit shocked at it but it was probably my imagination. Phonz just isn't the type to glare at someone. 

My blood boiled in anger at the disrespect that Elvina just showed. Furiously, I ran at her and held the back of her neck, forcing her onto the hard ground. She flipped the urumi handle in her hand, and shouted "Unite". The separated swords joined up together and attacked me from behind. 

"C-Captain! Are you okay?" panicked Phonz, running up to me. 

"I'm fine! Sorry for letting her attack you," I said as the urumi grazed my shoulder. I managed to hold the urumi in my hand and flip Elvina so she was on her back. I sat on her stomach and smirked. "Who's the one that's trapped now?"