Chapter 24: "Iori Appears"

Well, it was a nice life...

A warm smile made its way onto my face as I accepted my fate. The blade was a mere 5 or 6 centimetres from my exposed neck. I heard the calls and gasps from my friends as their eyes widened at the shocking sight. 

A deafening sound exploded in my ears as I closed my eyes tightly, shielding them from the blinding light. The guillotine exploded and the parts flew around. Everyone on top of the platform gasped in shock and screamed from the sudden noise. 

The smoke cleared away and we all looked around, trying to figure out what just happened. 

"What the hell?" exclaimed Isla. 

"What happened?" Lots of questions were thrown out as everyone was momentarily confused. Lifting my head up, I gazed at the roof of the palace and my eyes widened. 

"Oi...look up there," I breathed out.

"IORI?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" we all shouted as we stared at the blonde haired man. He had scratches on his face and body and was panting as he looked at us. 

"I...made it in time," he said, taking a deep breath. 

"If....If Iori is there....then who is this....?" said Isla slowly. 

"GET AWAY FROM THAT IMPOSTER! HE'S A CLONE!" roared Iori from the top of the palace. 

"I knew there was something fishy about you. Since when did you call Isla 'nee-chan'?" I said, getting up. 

"What is going on here?" said Alvyn slowly. Everyone got scared and sweat dropped. Isla and the others took off their handcuffs and Marcus came up to me. 

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THEM OFF? YOU NEARLY DIED!" he shouted frantically.

"I AM AWARE OF THAT!" I answered. "But they got stuck," I played around with the handcuffs but they were still stuck. 

"How are they-" said Elvina shocked. 

"Hurry up and seize them!" shouted a guard. 

"What is the meaning of all this?" came Alvyn's unbothered voice as he watched. 

"Alvyn-niisama! I am very sorry! I shall deal with this quickly," said Elvina and looked back at us. "You guys are so dead," she spat, her expression raging. 

Iori jumped from the palace and landed at the platform. He took out his dagger and stopped the other Iori before he attacked Midori and the triplets. We all turned our attention at this bizarre phenomenon. 

"Why are there two Iori's?" asked Isla as we started fighting the many guards that came up the platform. 

"I told you didn't I? He's a clone! I don't know how they did it but they took some of my blood and this happened," he shouted over the sound of battles.

"So those bandages that we found when we woke up were...." said Winsol. 

"Hurry up!" I shouted at Marcus as he used his needles to try and pick the lock of the handcuffs. Isla and Phonz beat up the guards that targeted us, buying us time. 

"Does that mean..." started Isla.

"That's right!" came a deafening laugh as Phonz jumped at Isla and attacked her. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" she shouted as their swords clashed. 

"I-I'm here, Isla-san," said Phonz from the other side. My eyes widened.