Chapter 21: "Winsol vs One-Shot Ryland"

Unsheathing the sword, I put both of them in front of me. I held them in a reverse grip which had them faced downwards. Kashi raised a brow at the odd position of my swords and put his book away. I bent my elbows fully until my hands were in front of my face. 

"Mantis Style:..." I said slowly. "Holy slash!" I growled with a fierce look. 

In less than a second, I was behind Kashi, my knees bent slightly. My elbows were still bent and my hands were close to my face. I heard him cough up blood as he fell on the ground, a shocked look on his face. I straightened up and twirled my swords upwards, sheathing them. 

"Don't mess with a forest girl," I said, walking away from his body, spitting out some blood.

Isla VS Kashi

Isla's Victory

..............................

Back to Y/n's P.O.V:

Upon entering the palace, I pulled out a paper. Phonz and Winsol darted a glance at the paper and raised their eyebrows. 

"This is the floor plan to the palace. I got Toojin to draw it for me," I said. They nodded and we all stared at it. 

"The prison is that way," said Winsol pointing right. "These guys know we're here and are trying to kill us. So we have to be careful from now on."

I observed the space. The entrance hall was massive. A flight of magnificent stairs was right in the middle, leading up towards the second floor. There were two doors at either side of the stairs. That was our destination.

Phonz and I nodded at Winsol and we started running to a door behind the grand stairs. Elvina was unusually quiet but it was better than her trying to slow us down. 

Many people dressed in ninja clothes obstructed our way and started fighting us. 

"It's a whole army," I said, catching a kunai that was thrown at me. They all ran up to us and we started fighting them. 

"They're trying hard to get rid of us," said Winsol, in which we both agreed. We kept it up until we got rid of all of them. I flung the huge door opened with a pant and sighed.

Going through the door, we were met with a huge dining room. A guy was sitting on of the chairs, his arms crossed. He wore a long red cape that covered his whole body and a black mask that covered his face. He had a big cowboy hat with white feathers on it and heavy black boots. 

We all stared at him, conscious of the sudden change of atmosphere. He slowly got up and strolled over to the other door at the other end of the large dining room, standing in front of it. 

"I won't let you pass," he stated, holding his hat and pulling it downwards. 

"Great. Another clown," I said and was about to go and fight him when I felt Winsol clutch my arm. I looked back at him and gave him a questioning look. 

"This guy is dangerous," he stated. "Phonz, do you recognise him?" he asked him. 

"Y-Yeah. He's One-Shot Ryland, the Captain of the Gun Pirates," said Phonz. "He disappeared around 2 years ago after entering the Grand Line." 

"I think we should do what Isla-san told us and hurry up. Leave this guy to me. I'll make an opening for you three to pass through the door," he said giving Elvina to Phonz. Phonz picked her up bridal style whilst she struggled in his hold. However, I noticed she stopped struggling immediately and went back to being quiet.