Chapter 25: "The Clone's Weakness"

Still in Isla's P.O.V:

"Her arm just.....melted?" I said. 

"That is disgusting," replied Marcus with a disgusted face. Both of the clones glared at us as they got up and began preparing for their next attack. My clone's severed arm began closing up and the slime-like material that was dripping stopped from it as well. 

"Hey Mark. What arm did Iori say was their distinguishing mark?" I asked him, rearranging the swords in my hands. 

"The same one they took blood from; the right," he replied, making more needles.

"Try to hit that spot with your needles," I said. He gave me a questioning look. "Just try it. Their bodies might melt," I encouraged. 

"Alright," he shrugged and turned his fingers into needles. "Let me use your swords again," I nodded in response and held my swords in a normal grip. He jumped up and stood on them, flying through the air as I pushed him up, projected him through the sky. He met with his clone in the middle and they both engaged in a fight.

"Don't take too long! You suck at close-range!" I shouted at him. 

"Shut up!" he shouted back, struggling in the fight. In the corner of my eye I saw my clone running in to interfere with Marcus' fight. I leaped in front of her and blocked her sword. 

"I don't think so," I said. She frowned and stepped backwards. 

"How annoying," she spat, putting her remaining arm in front of her. 

"What is that slime thing that came out of your wound? And why did your arm melt?" I asked. 

"Like hell I will tell you," she replied and ran to me. I blocked her sword once more and we began fighting again. 

After a strong hit, we both fell backwards because of the powerful force. Swiftly, I threw my swords up in the air and caught them in a reverse grip. Wasting no time, we both leaned back in and ran towards each other for another shot. I brought both of the grips in front of me, bending my elbows so the swords were at eye-level. 

"Mantis style:-" I started, however, I was interrupted when my one armed clone held her sword in reverse grip, horizontally, blocking my Mantis Style. "As expected, you are my clone," I said as we both fought for domination. I pressed onto her and tried to force her down with my swords, and it was working. However, she lifted her leg and gave me a boot in my stomach. I coughed out as I flew backwards, colliding with the two Marcus'.

"What-" exclaimed Marcus, being caught off guard. I'm not sure which one because they both have the same voice. I felt something pierce my shoulder from the back. A pained sound escaped my lips as I pressed against them even more, deepening the wound. I heard a grunt from behind me then an anguished yell.

A viscous, mucus-like liquid splashed upon my back, making my whole body cringe from the strange sensation. I landed on my feet in a squatting position and turned my head to see what was going. Marcus had a confused and shocked expression on his face as he looked down at the pile of liquid. 

"What is that?" I asked, pulling the needles from the back of my shoulder one by one. 

"I stabbed him in that spot like you told me...and he melted...?" replied Marcus. 

"Damn it!" I heard someone curse quietly and rush towards us rapidly. Grabbing my swords, I twisted my body around and blocked my clone's attack. She had an uncomfortable expression on her face and was sweat dropping. 

"Seems like we found their weak spots," I smirked. 

"Let's get rid of your clone and tell everyone else," said Marcus and ran towards my clone. He turned his arm into a needle and tried to stab her, however, she dodged and backed off. "I kinda feel bad though, we're ganging up on a one-handed lady," he said.