Chapter 26: "Mirror Mirror"

"Hey! One of the clones is being overpowered!" shouted one of the guards.

"Let's help her!" shouted another.

"Fools! Stay out of this! I'll take care of myself!" shouted back my clone.

"B-But...."

"No buts," replied a familiar voice. I managed to look up and my face brightened up. 

"Mark! Isla!" I said, a smile appearing on my face.

"Yo. Seems like you're in a bind, Captain," winked Marcus.

"We found their weakness," said Isla, with her usual unamused face.

"Oh? So you're already done?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's just you and old-man Winsol that are left. And Phonz, but we don't know where he is," shrugged Marcus.

"You just have to destroy their right arm and they melt," said Isla.

"I see...." I replied and looked down. "Is that right?" I asked.

"Yeah," said my clone with a defeated sigh. "Well, you won so, go ahead," she smirked and stopped struggling. I let go of her and she put out her arm after sitting up.

"Before that, why don't you tell us how you were created?" I asked her, getting up and dusting myself.

"I don't know myself. The only thing I know was that we aren't ready yet." Me and the others gave her a confused look. "We weren't fully developed. Normally, it takes a few months for a clone to become an actual living human. However, our production was rushed and so we weren't fully developed. That's why, if we're injured we turn into a clay-like substance," she explained.

"I see..." I nodded.

"Well, now that I've answered your questions let's get it over with," she sighed.

"Why are you giving up so easily? Aren't you a living being as well?" I asked.

"Actually, all the other clones have already gone through the memory change, so they all think that they're their own individual and you guys are their imposters, so they have to get rid of you. But I haven't so I know that I'm just a clone of someone else. I can never be a normal human," she smiled.

We were taken by surprise at her statement. Even though it wasn't her fault she was born like this, she still felt like she doesn't deserve to live, that it's better if she wasn't born...She was....me...

"Now hurry up and end me," she said.

"No way," I replied, a shadow covering my eyes.

"Huh?" all of them said in unison.

"I said, no way. Don't touch her," I warned in an annoyed tone.

"Hey hey, what are you saying?" said Marcus, sweat dropping.

"This is no time to be swayed by emotions, Y/n. If you can't even defeat our enemies you have no right to call yourself a Captain. If pirates were this nice they'd be called gods," said Isla, one hand on her sword and the other on her hip. She gave me a serious look with her piercing amber eyes. We glared at each other for what seemed like forever with careful and deathly looks. Marcus cowered under our gazes and moved away from us a bit.

"M-Maybe that was a bit too mu-"

"Stand up," I interrupted. My voice cold and the glare still prominent on my face. I felt Marcus flinch and shake a bit. My clone got up slowly and gulped. "I don't pick on people who have lost the will to fight and who beg to be killed. I'm not that nice. If you want me to kill you, come at me," I said, standing in a fighting stance.