Chapter 20: "The Twin's Bond"

"Oh, but we already found you," came a voice from the door. Mine and Iori's eyes widened as we looked up at the voice. It belonged to none other than Spike's right hand man, Pin. "So, what brings you here?"  he asked. Me and Iori glanced at each other quickly and attacked him. 

Iori took out the dagger I gave him and jumped at Pin. Pin held his arm and twisted it, making Iori cry out in pain. 

"Iori!" I called out, bolting towards Pin. I tried slashing him with my sword with a new technique but he held the sword with his hand and broke it into pieces. With a horrified face, me and Iori tried to escape, however, he quickly caught us and took us to a grand room.

The door opened to a rowdy place, full of people laughing and shouting. The string stench of alcohol filled the atmosphere. Empty bottles, broken bottles, half-empty bottles were all scattered around the wooden floorboards of the building. My eyes trailed around and landed on Spike. He was sitting on a sofa with two women at his sides, cuddling his huge arms and giggling. 

"Huh?" his laugh was interrupted as he looked down at us. 

"I found these two brats in the storage room," said Pin, throwing us onto the floor. Iori got up quickly and stood in front of me, shielding me from Spike. 

"Ah. It's Isla-chan, the mayor's daughter. So have you come to join me?" he said with a large smirk. His hand lifted up to scratch his beard in wonder. "Although, you are still far too young," he smirked, chugging Sake from his mug. 

"Like hell I'd join you! We came here to steal some medicine for Mother!" I replied, shouting at him from behind Iori. 

"Huh? Steal? You were gonna steal from me?" he questioned, his aura turning serious. Me and Iori cowered back in fear and I clutched the back of his shirt. "Is your poor Mother sick?" A smirk made its way onto his face. 

"Well, the medicine is right here. Why don't you take it?" said Needle, the third strongest in the crew.

A hopeful expression made its way onto my face. It's there! The medicine to save Mother. I got up on my feet and ran towards him, my arms outsretched.

"Isla-nee!" shouted Iori behind me. The whole bar erupted in laughter as I tried to take back the medicine off of  Needle. 

"Come on! Your mother will die at this rate!" he laughed. I gritted my teeth in anger and held back the tears. 

"Isla-nee! Stop! They're playing around with you-" Iori was interrupted when Pin held him back. 

"Don't interfere," smirked Pin. My mind was shrouded with feelings of hate and resentment towards this pirate group. I kept on attacking him and jumping up and down, whilst laughter was filled in the background. 

"Hey, Captain why don't we kill her mother? Maybe she'll join us then," said Needle, making everyone nod and laugh. 

Kill? 

Who? 

My mother...? 

I felt rage take all over me. I lost sense of feeling anything. Without hesitation, I swiped a sword off a guy sitting near us. Everything after that was a blur. All I remember was Needle's body falling lifelessly onto the ground and a pool of blood escaping from the wound I gave him.

"ISLA-NEE!" Iori's shout broke me out of my trance. I gasped and looked over at Iori who stabbed Pin's arm and got out of his hold. He ran towards me quickly and took my hand, leading me outside.