Chapter 35: "Joining Forces"

"It's called medicine," said Elvina, cracking her neck. 

"Huh?" we said. 

"My head must've been really messed up for that to strike me that hard," she said, stretching. 

"Huh?"

"I didn't stab you. Well, I did. But with the antidote. Don't you remember? It was my poison so I obviously had an antidote," she replied, fixing her messy hair.

"I see," I nodded, getting up with the help of Marcus. "But why would you help me?"

"I believe we have a shared goal," she said, turning around and glaring at Alvyn, who simply stared back at us with zero interest. "How about it? Do you want to team up?" she asked, licking her lips. 

"No way," I replied, shaking my head. 

"What do you mean 'no way'? Are you an idiot? Do you want to make more enemies?" shouted Marcus in my ear. 

"Captain, maybe you should reconsider," said Iori. 

"Should? You mean will!" shouted Marcus. 

"Can you shut up? What I meant was no way, we're already in the same crew. I won't team up with you, because we we're already in the same group," I said, pointing at her. 

"Are you still on about that?" she facepalmed. 

"Of course," I nodded. 

"Whatever. Now then," she glared at Alvyn. "You will pay for what you did to Lady Alyssa." 

"Is he okay?" asked Iori, looking at the collapsed Alfred. 

"He's fine. He'll get over it in a bit," replied Elvina. 

"You three," I called. The triplets made their way towards me and listened. "Go find Midori, she's been waiting for a while." They nodded at me and quickly made their way over to Midori. She must be lonely by now. My head turned back to Elvina. 

"So what do we do?" We asked each other. 

"Aren't you the captain? You should at least have some sort of plan," she facepalmed. 

"You're the one who suddenly said you want to join forces, I thought you had a plan," I crossed my arms over my chest in disappointment. 

"So? Who normally makes plans in your crew?" she asked. 

"All the smart ones are not present," said Iori. 

"How rude!" shouted Marcus. 

"What are you implying," I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Focus," said Elvina, interrupting the start of our fight. 

"So you've decided to defy me, Elvina?" said Alvyn all of a sudden. 

"Don't even try to speak to me. How foolish I was, following you blindly. Lady Alyssa...she knew everything, you manipulated us for years. Because of you...Because of you...." she trailed off, her eyes going cold and glaring at him. 

"You've acknowledged you're an enemy, right? If you die, do not blame me," he said. There was a pause as one second passed. In the blink of an eye, he appeared in front of Elvina. Elvina used the numerous blades on her urumi to stop his punch. Marcus jumped from behind her and aimed a number of needles at Alvyn. He dodged them but one, which got stuck in his shoulder. 

"You managed to wound him," I high-fived him and dashed forwards, hammering my pipe over his head. Of course, he dodged it and stretched his arm to grab me. I threw my head backwards into the bridge position, making space for Iori to throw one of his drill-like daggers at Alvyn. Alvyn held it in his hand and threw it back at Iori.