Chapter 18

Karina's POV
"Hey why is Cameron's car infront of your house?" Shawn asked me confused "is he here"

"Uh-I-umm-he" I stuttered trying to think of something to get me out of this sticky situation.

Just then cameron came down the stairs

"Oh hey shawn" cam says nervously

"Why is he here" shawn barks looking at me

"Oh he was in the neighborhood and I was hungry so he brought over some food for me" I exclaim

"Why were you guys upstairs then" he quesions us

Poking holes in our story.

"I was helping her with her project cause she hasn't read the book and I have" cam is quick to awsner

"Ok well I'm here now bye cam" shawn responds in a sassy tone

"Uh ok bye guys" cam rushes out the door

"Since when do you guys talk" shawn asks crossing his arms

"Since the last time I was at the house"

"Really, anything going on I should know about"

"No, do you not trust me with him?"
I say a little angry

"No.. well I guess"

"So you don't trust me"

"I mean I don't trust cameron, you know him and how he can be"

"Yeah but that shouldn't change how your perspective on our relatioship is"

"Wait what that's not at all what I was saying"

"Kinda"

"Wow"

"What" I said so mad

"Our first fight"

"I think you should go"

"Why let's just talk"

"I just need time to think"

"About what nothing happend with cameron I trust you. I love you. Karina you never did tell me what happend with you and cam overall. Just be honest with me like I am with you"

"No! I need time." I need to calm down "I mean I'm sorry I love you too but just give me the weekend to finish this project I'll call you"

"Ok baby"

I start to push him out the door. When he is outside the door frame I give him a quick kiss on the lips, then slammed the door and ran up stairs and locked my bedroom door.

I'm fucked, what have I gotten myself into.

I jumped onto my bed and continued to read my book.

It was around 5pm and I was on chapter 23, the scene where Hazel is at Augustus funeral. I started to tear up

I heard a car pull in the driveway. I jumped up thinking one of the boys came back to my house to check on me. They have been texting me all day, I don't respond I just want to be alone.

I heard the person come up the stairs.

My door opened "Hey sweetie" it was my mom

"Oh hey mom" I say kind of disappointed it wasn't one of them.

"What's wrong" she said in a sad tone

I couldn't hold back anymore. I bursted into tears. She came rushing to my side and held me.

"Tell me, you may not want me as your mother but I still am your mom no matter what"

"Me and cameron kissed"

"What's so bad about that?" She questioned me

"I'm still dating Shawn." As I begin to cry harder

"Oh baby, I know it's all so confusing" she paused "but you just need to figure out what you want. Be honest with Shawn and if he can forgive you then stay, if you want cameron I think he would understand, you guys did grow up together" she handed me my phone and keys "go to Them"

"Thank you mom" I said getting up and running out the door to face my fear.

I dialed Shawn's number as I drove to the house.

He awnsered right away.

"Hi baby, are you okay I'm sorry I got mad I-"

"Shawn I'm driving over"

"Oh ok text me when you get here"

"I'm almost there"

"Ok love you"

I paused

"Love you too" and hung up the phone

__

As I arrived at the magcon house I saw shawn in the window.

I ran to him as he did to me from the front door.

As our lips touched a tear streamed down my face. I couldn't tell him.

"Let's go inside" he said pulling me by the arm. "I want to show you something" he said with a smile

We continued to walk up the stairs as we passed cameron's room he emerged from the behind the door bumping into me.

"Oh sorry" Cameron said looking up at me. When we made eye contact I got a shooting pain in my stomach.

shawn sat on his bed and picked up his guitar with a few pieces of papers in his hands. i stood there awkwardly, i dont know whats wrong with me everything just felt wrong.

"I've been writing a song, i just put the finishing touches on it" he says positioning his guitar so he can play "i have something amazing to tell you, it happend at the studio after you called me"

"oh ok what happend" i said softly

"karina whats up with you, your acting weird sit down babe" he said motioning me to sit down next to him on the bed

"so, I've been writtimg a song and island records wanted to interview me cause they were interested in signing me and when i sang them what i had so far they loved it! they offerd to sign me, im ofiically a signed artist" he said excitedly "i finished writting the song today, its about you"

"shawn! thats amazing im so proud of you" i pulled him into a hug

"let me play the song for you" then he strumed his gutair

"i love it when you just dont care, i love it when you dance like theres noboy there"

"so when it gets hard dont be afraid, we dont care what them people say"

he smiled at me

" i love it when you dont take no, i love it when you do what you want cause you just said so let them all go home we'll stay out late we dont care what them people say"

he paused " chorus" he exclaimed as his kept the beat going on this gutair

"we dont have to ordinary, make your best mistakes cause we dont have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party i'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary, hearts are gonna break, cause we dont have the time to be sorry so, baby be the life of the party" he sang in the most beautiful tone I've ever heard

"that was beautiful shawn your so talented"

he leans in to kiss me. i squint my eyes closed and squeeze my fists as they start to turn white "me and cameron kissed" i blurted out

"WHAT!?"

Hehe. I gotcha y'all. I love leaving cliffhangers. LEAVE COMMENTS OF WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN. Recomand to yo friends. Love you my loves.

Nikki xxx