Chapter 3: Into the past

Flashback to earlier that year

Jungkook's calm morning was interrupted when the housekeeper approached him bearing a summoning which could potentially ruin the rest of the day, it was a message from Mr.Jeon Seejun, Jungkook's father and a retired mafia boss. Jungkook got in the car, where his chauffeur was waiting for him. They drove off in silence, Jungkook was dreading the conversation already. Things between Jungkook and his father had been tensed for as long as he could remember. His dad was vindictive, unforgiving, a man who would go to any ends to win. Jungkook was stubborn yet kind, generous. But he didn't realise that he was more like his father than he thought. Jungkook entered the bungalow and heard his mother's sweet voice as she hummed in the kitchen. He sneaked behind her, hugging her tightly. "Umma, I'm home" , he said with a smile. Mrs. Jeon was the complete opposite of her husband. She was kind, sweet and had a heart as pure as gold. She turned a stroked Jungkook's hair with love. "Jungkookie, your father and I need to talk to you. Come on, we'll go up to his room." Jungkook walked into his father's study and saw his father sitting in an armchair, pipe in one hand. "Jungkook, I see you did come, afterall. We thought you had forgotten us." Jungkook sat down near his father's feet. "What did you want to talk about Appa?", he asked. "Jungkook, you and Yoongi are now managing our family, the empire I took years to build. But, you must understand that it is hard to survive out there, especially during a leadership transitioning. We need to have support from other gangs, particularly, our competitor." "So the Manoban family?", Jungkook questioned. "Yes, precisely. So, Jungkook, you are going to ask their daughter Lalisa Manoban for her hand in marriage." Jungkook stood up, shocked that his father would ask him to do such a thing. "Appa, you can't fucking plan my entire life according to your whims and fancies. I am my own person, capable of making decisions which are potentially life-altering." Jungkook screamed angrily. "Jungkookie, that is enough. Do not speak to your father like that", Mrs. Jeon shouted, raising her voice at Jungkook for the first time. "But-," Jungkook tried to protest. "Jungkook your engagement is in fifteen days. Better start preparing and establishing a relationship with Lalisa." Jungkook's father instructed sternly. Jungkook stormed out into the hall. He picked up a glass showpiece and smashed it against the wall before leaving the house.

A/N
Listen to the song tagged above for better experience:)
Much love💕