Chapter 36 pt1: It's you

The night was taunting as the grey clouds swirled in the sky almost menacingly, clouding Jungkook’s mind with too many questions. He sat up and looked to his side at Taehyung who was asleep. For a moment all Jungkook could hear was Taehyung’s soft, low breaths which had an odd, almost calming effect. He slid out of bed and walked down the stairs, his steps echoing in the mansion. He grabbed a bottle of bourbon sitting on the table and took a swig, not bothering to pour it into a glass first. He sat down at the porch and felt the night breeze ruffles through his hair. He was staring into the darkness when his eyes landed onto the moonflowers that decorated the corner of the garden. Jungkook felt a smile creep onto his lips as he recalled the day he planted them , it was one of the few times that he remembers being truly happy. It was summer and he was clutching his mother’s delicate hand as she prepared the soil for the flowers. “Jungkookie, the flowers we are going to plant are called Moonflowers- isn’t that a beautiful name?” his mother said softly with a fond smile as young Jungkook nodded eagerly. He watched as his mother planted the seeds and watered them. Every day he would watch her spend hours tending to the plant. Then one beautiful night, she led him out into the garden and there bloomed the moonflowers, in all their majestic glory. They were fragile yet beautiful. Jungkook stayed there with his mother until dawn. He eventually dozed off and when he woke up, the moonflowers were gone- they had wilted away. He called for his mother in tears and she came running. “Mother, look! The flowers are dead! All your efforts are gone!” he cried in horror. His mother smiled and took him in her arms, wiping his tears. “Jungkookie, that is the beauty of these flowers. They bloom for just one night and wither away when sunlight touches them” she said softly. “That isn’t good! ” Jungkook said with a sad pout. “Jungkookie, some things are too precious. They can break, wither away with the slightest touch. But those things also give you immense happiness. You need to cherish their beauty and bask in it while you can. Nothing gold can stay, baby” his mother said as she kissed his forehead and hugged him closer.
Jungkook smiled to himself as he felt a tear slip down his cheek. “Taehyung. Taehyung is my moonflower” he realised suddenly and set down the bottle before running back in and up the stairs.

(Aren't these moonflowers just as pretty as Taehyung?)

He came to a halt outside the bedroom and regained his breath before walking in. “Taehyung, wake up” he whispered, shaking Taehyung lightly. “Wake up wake up WAKE UP” Jungkook whisper shouted. Taehyung turned towards Jungkook with a groan, squintingat him with sleepy eyes. “What’s wrong?” he asked in a deep groggy voice
which made Jungkook’s heart skip a beat. “I need to show you something” Jungkook whispered. “I will deadass kill you if you ruined my sleep for a dumb
reason” Taehyung said and sat up. “Sure you will” Jungkook said with a smirk
and pulled Taehyung out of bed. He clutched Taehyung’s hand as he guided
him outside and into the elevator. “Where are you taking me?” Taehyung
asked, still sleepy. Jungkook smiled without a word as the elevator stopped at
the topmost floor. They stepped out and walked through a long corridor
before stopping outside a glass door. Taehyung looked at Jungkook with
curious eyes as Jungkook took a key from his pocket and opened the door. The
moment they step inside, Taehyung’s sleep and irritation melted away. He
stared in awe at the scenery that unfolded before him. It was a huge garden in
a greenhouse. There were colourful flowers everywhere and delicate vines
decorating the dome- shaped walls. There was a spiral staircase in the middle
with wildflowers and fairlylights twisted around the railings. It was like a
fairytale come to life. Taehyung looked up and saw the night sky through the
clear glass. Tiny fireflies flew around like little balls of light. Taehyung looked at
Jungkook whose face was illuminated by the lights and felt warm inside,
comforted. “This is…ethereal” Taehyung gasped. Jungkook smiled, not being
able to tear his eyes away from Taehyung as he still held his hand.