Chapter 14: From darkness into light

13 years ago

The sound of monitors beeping and people walking woke Taehyung up. His head hurt and white light flashed before his eyes. He tried to make sense of what was going on. His entire body hurt and he gasped for water. He felt someone hold his hand and help him drink some water. He closed his eyes, trying to clear his thoughts. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes, the blurriness slowly gaining some clarity. The blotched colors slowly separated and he realised he was a hospital room. His uncle, his father’s brother, stood next to his bed. His uncle had tears in his eyes. Taehyung looked up at his uncle . “Where is eomma?” Taehyung asked, his voice wavering. His uncle burst into tears and hugged Taehyung, gently stroking his hair. “Where are eomma and Jina and appa?” Taehyung asked urgently. His uncle slowly released his grip on Taehyung. “You don’t recollect what happened last night, do you?” his uncle asked. “No” Taehyung replied. “The doctor said that might happen due to trauma” his uncle explained. “Taehyung-ah, last night you and your family were driving home when you met with an accident. You and Jina survived with some injuries but…but…your parents passed away before an ambulance could get to them” Taehyung’s uncle explained, tears now streaming down his face. Taehyung felt numb and the world around became a blur. He wanted to fall asleep and never wake up. Tears formed in his eyes but refused to spill. All voices faded into a distance. He sat there, staring at the wall, his mind drowning in memories. He refused to take medicines, eat food or talk to anyone. Suddenly he felt a small hand in his. He looked down and saw Jina standing there. Suddenly he burst into tears. He picked up 2 year old Jina and cuddled her. They both cried that night, Taehyung who felt the loss of his parents and Jina who saw tears in her big brother’s eyes. They stayed in the hospital for a few days and then went to stay with their uncle, aunt and elder cousin Jin. They all lived in the countryside, away from Seoul and Taehyung grew up there. The void his parents’ loss created still remained, but his new family treated him as their own. He trusted Jin with his life and was very close to him. No one spoke of what happened that night. His uncle and aunt had shielded Taehyung and Jina from the dark truth of that night, in hopes that the past would not catch up to the children.

When Jin turned 25, he got a job in Seoul. Taehyung wanted to go to the city for opportunities. So he left his uncle’s place along with Jina and Jin. They got an apartment in the city and Jina started attending a proper school. Jin started working and Taehyung did simple jobs here and there to support his family and pay for his own online schooling. That’s how their story began.

A/N Hey loves, hope you enjoyed this short chapter and a peak into Taehyung's past. A lot of more mysteries, love, twists and turns to come. Also thank you for 500 reads. We love you all💓
- taetaenu1524 shamkoo25