Chapter 31: A mafia parlour

Jungkook and Taehyung walked down the stairs, Jungkook on the phone trying to get a hold of the others. Jimin was lying on the couch, passed out from all the alcohol. Suddenly the bell rang and security scanner buzzed as two guards opened the door, guns in one hand, ready to shoot in case required. Yoongi, Hobi and Namjoon walked in looking like they meant business. The guards gave them a quick bow and locked the door after them. “Jungkook-ah, I’m afraid we have hit a dead end. We got no leads from our spies or the locals” Yoongi said, looking disappointed. “Actually hyung that is what I want to talk to you all about. Please sit” Jungkook replied, signalling the housekeeper to get them some food and drinks. He asked the guards to vacate the room and stand outside for the time being. They all sat down and waited for Jungkook to speak. “Taehyung seems to have solved the mystery of the tattoo, thus getting us a huge lead” Jungkook said, looking at Taehyung expectantly. Taehyung passed the locket around the room and explained where he found it and where the symbol is. Jimin passed the locket to Yoongi, who turned pale the moment he opened it. He looked at Jungkook who sighed. “Jungkook-ah, is this a joke?” Yoongi said, standing up. “I wish it were, hyung.” Jungkook replied. Namjoon and Hobi also paled the moment they saw the photo. “What? What are you all hiding from us? What the hell is happening?” Taehyung asked, his voice raised. Jungkook signalled Yoongi to sit. “Well…” he started. “The mafia world, also known as the underworld, has its own politics, rules, ethics, etc. And with those politics, come rivalries and enemies. The Jeon mafia family is one of the biggest here and thus we decide how the cards play out, how situations are handled and what rules are to be followed.” “So basically you are the royal family in the kingdom of bad people” Jimin pointed out. Yoongi smiled at his remark. “Basically” Jungkook replied and continued. “Another big and influential family is the Woo family. For the most part our family is civil with their’s for the sake of the business harmony; but that doesn’t mean we see eye to eye. The thing is, our grandfather built the family to be a mafia one, but he had his ethics. Under no circumstances were we to engage in human trafficking, child abuse, rape or drugs. We have always followed that religiously. But not the Woo family. They claim otherwise but we have sources that tell us about their unethical and inhumane activities. We try not to go to war with them for the sake of everything.” Jungkook explained, as Jimin and Taehyung listened intently. “I can’t believe you guys are the lesser of two evils” Taehyung said, rolling his eyes. Jungkook sighed. “I don’t understand. How is Taehyung connected to all of this. His family is into farming and small businesses, nothing scary or dangerous.” Jimin remarked, frowning. “I have no idea. I am hoping we are wrong- that there is no connection between the Woos and Taehyung” Yoongi replied, looking at Jungkook worriedly. “The Woo family is strong, with connections and people who would kill for anything” he explained. Hobi nodded with a sigh. They all sat in silence, not knowing what to do. Taehyung traced circles on Jungkook’s hand absent-mindedly. Suddenly Namjoon broke the silence by slamming his hand on the table, startling everyone and Taehyung quickly withdrew his hand. “I know what to do” he announced. Everyone looked at him curiously as he continued. “We go and talk to Jin, Taehyung’s older cousin. I am pretty sure he knows something.” he said. “How can you be sure?” Yoongi asked, raising his eyebrows. “Because that day when I told Jin about the attack, his demeanour changed for a second, as if he knew something” Namjoon explained. “Okay, tomorrow Jungkook and I will go visit Jin” Yoongi said and got up to leave. “Hey wait a minute. I am coming with you, no arguments. I haven’t seen hyung in months. Plus, if he knows something about my past, I deserve to know” Taehyung said firmly, prodding Yoongi in the chest. Yoongi exhaled, annoyed. “Fine. Jungkook-ah, take him with you. But he is your responsibility. Make sure he doesn’t land up in trouble” Yoongi said. Jungkook smiled and nodded. “I still have some questions” Jimin said with a pout. “Come with me to the room and I’ll answer them” Yoongi replied and left. Jimin got up and followed him, but not before giving Taehyung a reassuring hug. Hobi left too. Namjoon looked at Jungkook. “I never thought I would be part of a mafia parlour. What a time to be alive!” he said with a smile and walked away, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook alone in the hall. Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who looked like his mind was wandering around. He was about to say something when Taehyung got up and started to walk away. “Where are you going?” Jungkook asked, grabbing Taehyung’s arm lightly. Taehyung turned around and gave Jungkook an annoyed look. “To Mars” he said, rolling his eyes and freed his arm from Jungkook’s grip with a jerk. Jungkook looked slightly surprised. He ran to catch up with Taehyung who was already climbing up the stairs. “I’m glad you are coming with me tomorrow. And don’t worry, I will protect you as well as see the investigation through. I’m great at juggling two things at once” Jungkook said with a grin. Taehyung looked at him without any expression, his eyebrows raised. Jungkook noticed how intimidating Taehyung looked when he was angry. “Yeah you are great at juggling two things, two people, whatever.” Taehyung said and started to walk away but then paused. “Oh and by the way, I am not coming with you because I enjoy your company or want to spend time with you. I am coming so I can finally meet my brother- who actually loves me” Taehyung said, trying not to raise his voice. Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but then decided otherwise. He walked away, not bothering to calm Taehyung down.

 He walked away, not bothering to calm Taehyung down

Rap line sexcc

A/N
Woop woop soo much drama
Anywhooo hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for all the dopeness coming up
Purple you💜
shamkoo25 taetaenu1524