Chapter 28: Bittersweet

..."Hey Taehyung?" Jungkook said. Taehyung stopped walking. "Is there a chance you have an uncle you don't know exists?"Jungkook asked. Taehyung stood in the room for a split second before walking out, slamming the door behind him.

Taehyung paced around the hall, nervously biting his nails and fidgeting with his hands. The events of earlier whirled around in his mind like a swarm of butterflies on crack. Nothing about that day had been good. He thought about the girl Lisa's texts to Jungkook, Jungkook's defensive reaction and the uncle fiasco. He wanted to run away from this mess, from Jungkook and hide in some forest deep in the mountains. He sighed. He decided to not think about Jungkook and instead focus on the more concerning issue at hand. "Who might this man be who was claiming to be my uncle? And if by some messed up logic he is my uncle, why was he carrying a gun?" Taehyung thoughts rang in his ears . The thoughts kept ringing in his ears and it took him a minute to realise that someone was actually ringing the doorbell. He walked down to the front door and saw two guards open it and Namjoon walked in, his face gleaming. "Hey Taehyung. I didn't expect to see you there. What are doing up so late?" Namjoon asked. "Just thinking" Taehyung replied curtly and started to walk away. "I heard about the yearbook-uncle thing. I'm sorry you got dragged into this mess. Don't be too hard on yourself" Namjoon said and patted Taehyung's back. Taehyung nodded. "Mr. Namjoon, did you tell Jin hyung about that night's incident?" Taehyung asked, his voice laced with concern. "I did. He yelled at me and asked me to protect you better. He also asked if he could come stay here, but I don't think we can allow that" Namjoon said with a sympathetic smile. "Oh that's alright. I understand. Good night, Mr. Namjoon" Taehyung said softly and started to leave. "Taehyung, since your brother isn't here, you can call me Namjoon hyung" Namjoon said with a quick smile and walked away.
Taehyung turned the door knob to Jungkook's room, expecting the latter to be asleep. He pushed open the door slowly and nearly had a heart attack when he saw Jungkook sitting in a chair. He wore a loose white tshirt and round glasses. His eyes were shut and there was a book in his lap. Taehyung smiled slightly when he saw the cover of the book. Who knew Jungkook, the great evil mafia leader, read romantic novels. The night light in the room bounced off Jungkook's nose and his lips were a soft pink. In that moment, Taehyung almost forgot how much Jungkook had hurt him. He was about to turn off the night light when Jungkook groaned and rubbed his eyes, removing the glasses. He saw Taehyung staring at him and cleared his throat. "Where were you? I had to stay up because of you" Jungkook said and got up to face Taehyung. "Don't pretend that you care" Taehyung half shouted half whispered and turned away from Jungkook, removing his pajamas from the wardrobe. Jungkook looked slightly flustered but then sighed. "I wasn't up because I care. I just wanted to make sure you didn't get killed or attacked" Jungkook said coldly and climbedinto bed. Taehyung took off his shirt. "You know you can change in the bathroom right? Not that I don't like the view" Jungkook said with a smirk. "I ain't changing in that bathroom. You shower right before bed and get the floor all wet and soapy." Taehyung said, trying not to get affected by Jungkook's comment. He continued changing but he could feel Jungkook eyes on him. He felt weird and tingly inside and his hands started to get clammy. Taehyung took a deep breath and turned around. "Jungkook what are doing on the bed? Go sleep on the floor like you always do" Taehyung said, exasperated. "Nope. This is my house and I no longer feel comfortable on the floor" Jungkook declared with a smirk. "Wipe that smug look off your face. If you won't sleep on the floor then I will" Taehyung said stubbornly. "Fine, go ahead. But Taehyung did I forget to mention that I threw away the mattresses and blankets? So, you would have to sleep on the cold, hard floor" Jungkook said, trying not to laugh. Taehyung looked shocked but quickly regained composure. "You love making my life miserable don't you? You keep finding ways to hurt me and mess with my feelings. I hate you" Taehyung suddenly lost his patience and shouted. Jungkook looked shocked and hurt flashed over his face. He knew Taehyung wasn't talking about the mattresses anymore. He kept quiet, not knowing what to say without upsetting Taehyung more. Taehyung sighed and blinked away angry tears and slipped into bed. Jungkook switched off the light. He turned towards Taehyung who lay staring at the ceiling. Jungkook couldn't look at Taehyung without stirring up feeling he had never felt before. "Umm Taehyung ?" he said and Taehyung looked at him. "I'm sorry" he whispered and closed his eyes. He didn't see Taehyung's sad smile when he said the words. They drifted off into a bittersweet sleep, both aware of every accidental touch and the shared blanket.

 They drifted off into a bittersweet sleep, both aware of every accidental touch and the shared blanket

Fanart creds: unknown (please text us if this is yours and we will give you credit)

A/N
aaaaah this is killing us sskskks. What do you think will happen next? Will Taekook ever get there shit sorted and get together or will they end in tragedy?
P.S: if you forgot what happened before, go to chapter 25 hehehe:)
Love y'all💜
shamkoo25 taetaenu1524