Chapter 18: A little love

Jungkook entered the room but stopped in the doorway. His eyes laid on Taehyung who lay on the bed, his tshirt bloodied and soaked. Jungkook’s heart felt like it had broken into a million pieces. “Why can’t I bear even the thought of Taehyung getting injured or dying?” Jungkook thought and walked upto Taehyung with a sigh. Taehyung opened his eyes slightly and muttered something. Jungkook quickly scooted closer. “What is it Tae-Taehyung? ”Jungkook asked kneeling down closer. “You are worried about me, aren’t you? ” Taehyung said, his voice raspy. Jungkook looked at Taehyung, noticing his double lidded eye for the first time. Jungkook smiled and reached for the first aid kit. “This might hurt a little okay?” Jungkook said softly and grabbed the bandages and medicines. “We will have the doctor check the wound tomorrow morning just in case” Jungkook said. He looked at Taehyung. “You need to sit up a bit so I can remove your tshirt.” Taehyung nodded, held Jungkook’s arm and slowly sat up, groaning with the stinging pain. Jungkook took off Taehyung’s tshirt and helped him lay back down. Jungkook’s eyes travelled down Taehyung’s honey-gold skin. His eyes traced the dip of Taehyung’s collarbones and his perfect body. Jungkook gulped and reminded himself of the (still) bloody wound. Jungkook cleaned up the wound with some disinfectant. Taehyung gasped. “It stings” Taehyung complained with a pout. Jungkook smiled. “Want me to kiss it and make it better?” he asked jokingly. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and blushed a deep red. Jungkook didn’t look in Taehyung’s direction and continued cleaning and bandaging the wound. The bleeding had stopped which was a relief. Jungkook got up and kept the kit on the bedside table. He helped Taehyung change into a loose shirt and sweatpants. He sat down next to Taehyung, who had fallen asleep. Jungkook touched Taehyung’s cheek. Suddenly Jungkook’s relief faded away and worry set in. Taehyung’s cheek was burning. Jungkook laid his hand on Taehyung’s forehead ; it was burning up too. “Fuck” Jungkook muttered under his breath. He quickly fished out the fever medication from the first aid kit. He poured out a glass of water. He then stroked Taehyung’s hair. “Wake up Taehyung. You have come down with a high fever and you need to take the medicine.” Jungkook said, lightly shaking Taehyung. Taehyung pushed Jungkook away. Jungkook was a lot stronger than Taehyung and didn’t budge. He pulled Taehyung and Taehyung sat up with a groan. “My head hurts and my vision is messed up” Taehyung complained. Jungkook handed him the medicine. Taehyung gulped down the water and put his head in his hands. He started sniffling and shaking. “I killed a man.” Taehyung sobbed, his body trembling and weak. Jungkook pulled Taehyung into his arms. He stroked Taehyung’s hair and kissed hisforehead. Taehyung quietened down after 10 minutes. Jungkook started to get up and let go of Taehyung. “Don’t leave me please” Taehyung said, his eyes still brimming with tears. “I am getting some wet folds for your fever okay? I am not going anywhere, I promise” Jungkook said and started to get up but then turned around and hugged Taehyung tightly. “Please don’t put yourself in danger again. I can’t lose you” Jungkook thought silently but the words never left his mouth. He quickly let go of Taehyung and went to the bathroom to fetch some towels and water. He came back and sat next to Taehyung. Taehyung was dozing off again. Jungkook wiped his forehead and arms with the wet towel. Time ticked by and shimmery moonlight turned into soft sunrays of dawn. Jungkook had fallen asleep with a wet towel in his hand. He had been up all night, making sure Taehyung’s fever didn’t go up.

 He had been up all night, making sure Taehyung’s fever didn’t go up

A/N Hey Army, hope you are enjoying the book. This chapter is literally one of our favourites (soft Vkook uwu)
We purple you all💜
shamkoo25 taetaenu1524