Chapter 33 pt2: What happened 13 years ago

Taehyung felt a darkness envelop his body. It was creeping around his insides, slowly taking over his mind. He felt euphoric, high on rage and want for blood. He wanted to destroy, kill and avenge. Jungkook took a gulp of water, the events of earlier still haunting him. He had never seen Taehyung like this before. Taehyung was calm, like a bomb about to explode. He had a devilish look in his eyes, his innocence long gone. Jungkook was worried, but he also felt drawn towards Taehyung's dark aura. He felt need and longing. It was terrifying and he loved it.
"Jin hyung, who killed my parents?" Taehyung asked again, his voice laced with a calming chill. Jin sighed, worried about his younger brother. Namjoon nudged him, a warning look in his eyes. He knew that crossing Taehyung right now was a bad idea. "Taehyung, you need to first know the dynamics of the Kim family, or more specifically, the Kim Mafia Family" Jin said and Taehyung's jaw dropped. "Mafia family?!" he exclaimed loudly, making every jump. "Yes Taehyung, your father was a part of the Kim Mafia family" Jin said, scared of saying more. Taehyung looked at him in disbelief. "No! You are lying! My father was a good , kind, honest man. He wasn't a mafia" Taehyung yelled, slamming his hands on the table. "Taehyung, I know this is tough to digest. But please, just hear me out. Let me tell you his story" Jin pleaded and Taehyung slowly sat down, his hands shaking slightly. Jungkook quickly took his hand, tracing small circles to calm Taehyung down. Jin continued. "The Kim family was started by Kim Dongwon, our great grandfather, Taehyung. He was abused, deprived of human rights and respect and he yearned for it. He hunted down the most powerful killers in the world using his intelligence and made them fear him. He was ruthless, a sociopath, and people shivered at his name. He trained his son, the apple of his eyes, his pride. He taught his son everything about the mafia world and his son was just as evil and intelligent as his father. He left no stones unturned. He kept building the Kim family. The family was ruthless, violent and vicious but with certain ethics. They sold no drugs, they stayed away from children. They killed those who were involved in sexual abuse, rape, human trafficking etc. It was these ethics that kept the family together and respected by all. Kim Minjae, our grandfather, had three sons. The oldest was my father, the middle child was your father and then arrived the third and the youngest brother ." "I have another uncle?! Father never mentioned him, ever" Taehyung exclaimed, his head rushing with all this information. Jin nodded. "Kim Woohyun was doted upon the most. He was their father's favourite son. But, Woohyun was always different. He was like our great grandfather- ruthless, evil and a sociopath. He rarely showed signs of remorse and cared about very few.After Kim Minjae, our grandfather, died the reigns of the family fell into the hands of the eldest son, Kim Daehyun, my father. My father had everything under control for a while until he met my mother. She was studying at Seoul University at the time. They fell in love soon after and she got pregnant. My father didn't want to expose her and his child to the brutal world of mafias, and so, he left everything behind. He left but was on good terms with both his brothers. That's when things changed. Your father took charge, Taehyung. He was damn good at the job too. But then he met your mother and she changed him. It was something he had never felt before, the love was far too overpowering. He decided to leave the family too and hand over the reins to Woohyun, who seemed very eager and ready. Your father left and things seemed to be okay. But then, people working for the family started complaining . They weren't happy with the way Woohyun ruled. He had no ethics, no morals and no conscience. The family was slowly breaking apart. The once respected family was now feared with no respect. Your father got to know about this and confronted Woohyun, who denied everything. So, your father started sending out informants and CIs to bring him information. Soon, he realised all the rumours were true. His brother was building a drug empire alongside prostitution, child and women trafficking, gang rapes, etc. Your father wanted to protect the family and take it back to how it was. He started working towards this goal in secret, while keeping his family away from the mess. But Woohyun was cruel and your father underestimated him. Once Woohyun got a whiff of what was going on, he took action. He sent someone to kill your parents and you. He didn't know Jina existed so he didn't have his eyes on her. By some miracle, you were saved, but your parents died. Your father was a good man, Taehyung. He wanted to save his family;that is all" Jin explained as he watched tears stream down Taehyung's cheeks. "Taehyung, you have to understand. We didn't tell you because Woohyun is deadly. If he had the slightest hint you were alive, he would've come for you. My parents had to keep you and Jina safe." Jin said softly, his eyes glossy with tears. Taehyung got up and ran towards Jin, collapsing into his arms. The two cried, holding each other. "Hyung, you don't need to explain yourself. You took me and Jina in, treated us like your siblings and gave us love and happiness. I love you" Taehyung said, sniffling. Jin smiled through his tears. Taehyung slowly let go and looked at Jungkook, who smiled at him sympathetically. He walked over to Jungkook. "I will protect you Taehyung" Jungkook whispered and kissed Taehyung on his forehead. Taehyung smiled, red tinting his cheeks. "I need to go. I can't deal with all of this so fast. I need time" Taehyung said, his voice trembling slightly. Jin nodded. Jungkook took Taehyung's hand. "Come on" he said. "What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, trying to free his hand. "I am taking you out. You can clear your head and I will protect you. Or would you rather have Namjoon be with you?" Jungkook asked with a smirk. Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever" he said with a huff and left, pulling Jungkook along with him.

 "Fine, whatever" he said with a huff and left, pulling Jungkook along with him

A/N: honestly i love this chapter so much hhhh. Today's RUN episode was hella taekook crumbs and a TAEKOOK SUBUNIT I can't-. anywho, do y'all like this side of Taehyung and the slowly building friendship between taekook? me too.
love,
shamkoo25
taetaenu1524