Chapter 13: The Date

flashback to the meeting with Lisa

Jungkook forced a smile as he sat down at the table. He cleared his throat, taking a sip of the water. “Hey” he said finally looking up at her. “In case it isn’t obvious, I’m Jeon Jungkook” he said, offering a handshake. She took his hand and introduced herself. “Everything aside, she does look beautiful” he thought to himself. “So, Jungkook, what are you up to?” she asked. “Well, my father retired a while back so I now look after the mafia family with Suga hyung” Jungkook explained. “Oh that’s nice.” Lisa replied. Both of them fell silent and the awkwardness was slowly setting in. “I help my father in the financial aspect of the dealings. Not very familiar with the action part though” Lisa said. Jungkook nodded half-heartedly. He couldn’t wait for this date to be done. “Jungkook, what do you like to do in your spare time” Lisa asked again, trying to lessen the awkwardness. “I like to box and play Overwatch” he replied curtly. “You?” he asked. “I have loved horse riding since I was a kid and wanted to do it professionally but my father convinced me to help out in family affairs instead” Lisa said with a sad smile. Jungkook’s phone buzzed and he quickly checked his messages. To his relief it was Hobi. “Hyung can you fake an emergency and get me out of here? This awkwardness is killing me now” Jungkook typed desperately. Lisa sighed, her attempts at making a conversation, clearly failing. “Jungkook, I know you didn’t want to do this. But you have no other choice. So stop being a jerk and put some effort in getting to know this girl. Because like it or not, she might be your future bride.” Hobi’s text read. Jungkook sighed. He knew his hyung was right. He kept his phone aside and apologized to Lisa for being distracted. They ordered some food and talked about regular first date stuff like favourite books, movies, hobbies, family, friends, future plans, etc. Jungkook answered as politely as he could, but his mind kept getting distracted. All he wanted to do was scream at the lords of destiny (and his father) for giving him such a hard time. They split the bill and got up to leave. “I had a nice time” she said, smiling at him. “Me too” he responded. They left the restaurant and he walked with her up to her car. She touched his arm and he flinched. “Look I’m sorry for sounding like a jerk but I do not want to marry you. You seem like a great woman but I do not wish to marry someone just because of some family dynamics and politics. So please do not expect me to fall in love with you and act like your boyfriend.” He said, trying to keep his anger in control. She took a deep breath. “If you really think I am in love with you and am desperate to marry you, then you are incredibly mistaken. There are some things we just have to do, whether we want to or don’t. This, is one of those things” Lisa replied. She got in her car and left,leaving behind a confused Jungkook.

A/N Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. The tension in the air is growing by the minute•
Much love❤️
shamkoo25 taetaenu1524