Chapter 22: A goddamn puzzle (Part 1)

Jungkook, Yoongi and Namjoon entered the basement. It had started to smell in there and they knew that they had to bury the body as soon as possible. They walked towards the body, determined to find at least some clues to who the man was and what his purpose was. Namjoon clicked photos, in case they required further inspection. Suddenly Yoongi gasped and pointed to the man’s arm. It was decorated with a tattoo that was unfamiliar to all of them. It was pretty abstract, with three raindrop-like shapes interlinked and the top of a bull’s head in between. Namjoon quickly clicked a few pictures from various angles, in case this man believed in symbolism or something. They inspected the torso front and back but found no other tattoos or jewellery that would link them to the man and help solve the goddamn puzzle. “Check his pant pockets” Yoongi said and Jungkook slid on a pair of gloves and did as he was told. He was about to give up when a he felt a piece of paper in the back pocket. Puzzled he pulled it out. To his utter disbelief it was a picture of Taehyung as a teenager. Taehyung hadn’t changed much since then and Jungkook could very easily recognize him in the picture. He handed the picture over to Yoongi who looked equally surprised. To inspect the photograph, Yoongi turned it around and saw “KILL” written in small font with red ink. Yoongi gulped and looked at Jungkook. Their suspicions had been confirmed. The attack on Taehyung last night wasn’t accidental; it was planned. Namjoon finished clicking photos of all the evidence and upon Yoongi’s approval; he sent the body off for disposal. Jungkook and Yoongi walked back upstairs, Namjoon right behind. They saw Taehyung dozing off on the couch and Hobi and Jimin looking rather uncomfortable. Jungkook went and shook Taehyung’s shoulder. “This isn’t a time to sleep” he said sternly. They all settled down and Namjoon pulled out the photos, handing them over to Hobi, who hadn’t seen the tattoo. They all huddled around Hobi, trying to see the pictures. All the color drained from Taehyung’s and Jimin’s face when they saw the dead body. “I am going to get sick” Jimin announced and sat down with a sigh. Taehyung, however, did not move. “Hobi hyung, could I please see the tattoo again?” he asked, breaking the silence. Confused, Hobi looked at Jungkook, not knowing what to do. Jungkook nodded and Hobi handed over the photo to Taehyung. Taehyung looked at the photo with utmost concentration, his eyebrows furrowed. Yoongi looked at Jungkook questioningly and Jungkook shrugged. “I have seen this tattoo somewhere” Taehyung declared and everyone immediately turned to him.

 “I have seen this tattoo somewhere” Taehyung declared and everyone immediately turned to him

The tattoo:)