CHAPTER 40

While they’re inside the car, Joy looked at Gerald while driving then she smiles. Gerald take a glance on her, “Yes Babe?” he asked. “Hmm wala naman, masaya lang ako.. Thank you!” she said then she plants a quick kiss on his cheek.

Gerald smiles, “Sarap naman nun Babe, isa pa nga?” he said. Joy softly laughs then pinch his ears lightly that makes Gerald flinched. “Im driving Babe.. Don’t do that! Gusto ko pang masundan si Cobbe. Haha!” Joy just smiles and give him a peace sign. “Hehe.. Sorry.. Hmm.. San pa ba tayo pupunta?”

“Secret Babe.. Yung pagpunta natin sa bahay nila Mommy di pa yun ang surprise ko sayo..” he smilingly said.

“Ngeek.. Hmm.. Pagabi na ah? Malayo pa ba?” she asked then she looked at the window. “Pwede bang matulog?” she added then Gerald parked the car on the side then turns to her. “Oh bakit ka tumigil?” she asked.

“You said you want to sleep..” Gerald said then he reclined her seat so that she can lay her back. “Would this do it my sleepyhead Babe?” he asked. Joy smiles then nods, “Hehe.. Thanks, tutulugan muna kita ha?” she said then she closed her eyes.

Gerald smiles at her then continued driving. From time to time he would look at his sleepyhead Babe. After an hour they got in to the place. Gerald parked his car and looked at his watch. It was already eight in the evening. He glance at Joy then he smiles. “Can he steal another kiss?” a thought of question in his mind. “Nah! The next time I would kiss you Babe you should be aware of it!” he answered in his mind.

Gerald gently touches her nose and then her face to wake her up. “Babe? Babe..” Joy slowly opens her eyes then gently rubs it. She was about to stood up but Gerald stops her. “Ooppss wait Babe.. Let me put this first.” he said then he blindfolded her eyes. “Para saan naman to?” she asked. “Surprised nga Babe e.. Don’t worry I will guide you.” he answered.

Bumaba na si Gerald ng kotse pagkatapos ay inayos ang mga gamit sa likod. Nang matapos na sya ay agad nyang binalikan si Joy. Binuhat nya ito pababa at isinakay sa likod ng pick-up car. “Kala ko ba aakayin mo lang ako, bakit binu--?” sabi ni Joy pero pinutol ito ni Gerald. “Ssshhh.. Just relax Babe..”

Nang maiayos na ni Gerald ang lahat ay tinanggal na nya ang blindfold ni Joy. Dahan dahan naman nyang kinusot ang mga mata, “Ano ba kasi---?” naputol ang sinasabi ni Joy nang makita ang view na nasa harap nila.

“Woooow!!!” she gasped while staring at the view. The car was parked on top of a hill. The sky was filled of stars with the quarterly moon on it. And at the bottom was the twinkling lights coming from the city. “Thank God you like it Babe..” Gerald said. “Anong like? I LOVE IT kamo! Ang gandaaaa Ge!” she said while still staring at the view smilingly.

Gerald smiled then hugged her from the back. “Paano mo nalaman tong lugar na to?” she asked. “We’re at Antipolo Hilltop City View. There’s a restaurant sa baba that we owned kaya itong place na ito ay sa amin din.” he answered.

“Talaga? Hmm.. Alam mo ba na gustong gusto kong nag-istar gazing? Grabe Ge ang ganda talaga. Ang daming stars! Yay!” she said then she stretched her arms na parang batang gustong abutin ang mga bituin.

“I know Babe.. Perly once told me that you like staring at the stars at night in your room. Narerelax ka daw kapag ginagawa mo yun. I know I can give you everything you need Babe but not the stars. So I decided to bring you here, hindi ko man kayang sungkitin yang mga stars para maibigay sayo at least mapa-feel ko man lang sayo na malapit ka sa mga stars diba Babe?” malambing na sabi ni Gerald pagkatapos ay hinalikan sya sa pisngi.