CHAPTER 64

The next morning Gerald needs to go to office. Because they’re wedding is unannounced he has still commitments that he needs to attend to. Gerald decided to bring Joy and Cobbe in the office. They are planning of eating lunch together after his commitments. Hinatid nya na muna sina Joy at Cobbe sa office nya pagkatapos ay dumiretso na sya 30th floor para sa meeting nya with the General Manager of Anderson’s Telecom.

Joy was just sitting at the couch, nakikipag-usap kay Nhila habang binabantayan si Cobbe na tahimik na naglalaro ng toy car. After a while, the door opened and Clarisse entered. Her brow lifted when she saw Joy smiling at her.

“And what are you doing here? As far as I remember you’re not working here anymore! Ganyan ka ba talaga kapossessive at hanggang dito ay binabantayan mo si Gerald? Well! I should’ve known! Takot ka na baka maagaw ko si Gerald sayo!” she grinned.

Joy just smiled at her lopsidedly. Then she looked at Nhila, pareho silang nagpipigil tumawa. “Iduldol ko kaya sa mukha nito ang wedding ring namin ng manahimik!” she said on her mind.

Nilapitan na lang nya si Cobbe para ayain ito na pumasok na lang sa loob ng opisina ni Gerald at para na din maiwasan si Clarisse. Kakargahin na sana nya si Cobbe nang lumapit si Clarisse sa kanila. Hinaplos nito ang ulo ng bata. “Hi baby Cobbe!” sabi nito pero si Cobbe naman ay tumingin lang sa kanya pagkatapos ay yumakap sa mga hita ni Joy.

Clarisse laughed. “Geez! Yaya of your boyfriend’s son? So pathetic!” she teased. Nhila and Paul looked at Joy na para bang nag-aalala na. But Joy just smiled at them telling them not to worry. She smiled at Clarisse again and she was about to speak but Ken entered.

“Goodmorning everyone!” he greeted them. Tumango lang naman sa kanya ang mga ito kaya naramdaman na ni Ken ang nangyayari.

He walked towards Joy and Cobbe. He bend his knee for Cobbe. “Hello Cobbe! Nice toy car huh!” he said and he kissed the little boy on the head then he stood up and turned to Joy. “And hello din sayo Mrs. Christine Joy Ortega---“ he took a glimpse on Clarisse. “Anderson!” he continued. 

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Clarisse sa nadinig. “What!!? What did you just called her Ken??” she hissed.

“Oh you want me to repeat it? Ahh hindi! Ganito na lang..” he said then he held Joy at her back. “Hmm.. Clarisse meet Joy my new sister-in-law!” he smilingly said.

“Sister-in-law??!” she said then she laughed. “You’re still a good joker Ken!!” she said in between her laughs.

Ken laughed with her. “Yeah right Clarisse! Im a joker! But this time, Im serious! She is now my sister-in-law. Kuya surprised her last day, she’s not aware that day na magpapakasal na pala sila ni Kuya!”

Clarisse face turned red when she saw all of them smiling at her as if they’re telling her that Ken is not joking. Pakiramdam ni Joy ay parang bulkan si Clarisse na gustong sumabog. Nanatili na lang syang nakangiti at tahimik dahil alam nya na sa oras na magsalita sya ay tiyak na magwawala lalo si Clarisse. Sandaling katahimikan ang namayani sa loob ng opisina.

Cobbe who was still hugging Joy’s legs looked up to her and broke their silence. “Mommy, Im hungry na.. Where na si Daddy?” the little boy said while pouting his lips.

Kinarga naman ni Joy si Cobbe. “Baby, Daddy is on the meeting pa eh.. But I think malapit na yun matapos. You want to eat muna yung dala nating cookies mo?”

“Okay Mommy..” Cobbe answered then he hugged Joy but Clarisse held his hand. “Cobbe, she is not your Mommy! Me, I can be your mommy. I can buy you a lot of toys!” she said that makes Cobbe’s face frowned. “I don’t like you.. I have my Mommy na!” the little boy said.