CHAPTER 59

Joy woke up hugging a pillow on her side. She thought it was Gerald. Dahan dahan syang bumangon with a splitting headache. She leaned on the headboard and touched her forehead, lightly massaging it. “Aarghh.. Sakit pala talaga sa ulo ang alak! Bakit kaya gustong gusto ng iba!”

She tried to remember what happened last night, how she got back in to their room and how she managed to put clothes on. She slowly stood up. Lumabas sya ng kwarto para hanapin si Gerald. Nang mapadaan sya sa tapat ng kwarto ni Benjie, he heard someone snoring. Sinilip nya ito dahil nakaawang ng konti ang pinto.

She checked on Benjie if he was under the bed sheet but he was not. She moved on the other side of the bed and laughed loudly upon seeing Benjie sleeping on the floor, face down. Plakdang plakda ito sa sahig. She tried to wake him up, but Benjie won’t budge. She tried to carry him with her shoulder though it was difficult for her, she was able to let him lie down on the bed.

She looked at Benjie while scratching her forehead. “Baklang to! Nagpakalasing yata ng bongga kagabi!” she said while letting a soft laugh. She again feels her head aching so she went outside to look for a medicine. Tamang tama namang nakita nya ang babaeng caretaker ng resort. “Ahh manang good morning ho!” bati nya dito. “Ala eh magandang umaga din ho sa iyo eh!” nakangiting sagot nito.

Napangiti si Joy nang madinig ang punto ng isang purong batangenya. “Ahh manang may gamot po ba kayo para sa sakit ng ulo?” The caretaker nodded, “Ala eh kunin ko lang ho...” she said and walked away.

Joy proceeded at the kitchen to have some coffee. She was still thinking kung nasaan si Gerald. Pagdating nya sa kusina ay nakita nya si Gerald na nakaupo. His elbow is resting on the kitchen counter and covering his face with his palms. He was lost in his thoughts, ni hindi man lang nya napansin ang pagdating ni Joy.

Joy was wondering upon seeing him in that situation. She stood behind him and slowly wrapped her hands around him, she rested her chin on his shoulder. “Babe? Mukhang malalim ang iniisip natin ha?” she whispered. Gerald was stunned and he froze on the spot.

“Babe?” Joy sweetly called, trying to catch his attention. Gerald touched her hand that was on his chest and held it tightly. “Nothing Babe..” he said. Joy released him then she seated beside him while touching her forehead.

“Are you okay Babe?” Gerald asked. “Hmm.. Im fine, masakit lang ulo ko..” she answered.

“Hangover Babe... Dami mo kasing nainom kagabi eh! You get too drunk..”

Joy creased her forehead. “Ako? Talaga?! Aww.. Kaya pala ganito kasakit ulo ko eh!”  she said while massaging her head.

Gerald stood up. “Babe are you serious?” he asked. He was wondering if Joy didn’t remember what they did last night.

“Ha? Oo naman.. Seryoso ako Babe masakit talaga ulo ko! Sorry hindi ko alam na nalasing din pala ako ng sobra kagabi, kala ko si Benjie lang!” she said.

Gerald was about to speak but he saw the caretaker running towards them. “Alay ire na ho ang gamot..” the caretaker said as she handed her the tablet. Joy quickly took Gerald’s coffee and drank it with the medicine. “Thank you po manang!” she told to the caretaker, she nodded at her then walked away.