CHAPTER 55

Joy clunged on his arm. “Babe uwi na tayo.. Kailangan ko ng pumunta ng studio.”

“Sure Babe, but let’s buy some ice cream muna you want? Sabi ni Benjie kanina bibili dapat kayo nung tumawag ako e..”

“Sige Babe.. Ikaw na lang bumili, wait kita dito. Tatawagan ko lang si Jeanne..”

“Okay Babe..” he said then he walked towards the ice cream parlor they passed by a while ago.

Joy texted Jeanne, she was about to call her when a tall guy blocked her. “Ahm, excuse me po..” she said while trying to passed by but the guy didn’t move, she went to the other side but the guy intentionally blocked her again.

Joy got irritated. Iniangat nya ang tingin sa lalaki at nagulat sya na kilala nya pala ito. Ngumiti sa kanya ang lalaki, “Hi my pretty lady! Its good to see you again! How are you?” bati ng lalaki sa kanya.

“Im fine Miggy! Uhm.. Pwede ba kong makiraan?” sagot nya at dadaan na sana sya pero humarang pa rin ito sa kanya.

“Wait! Ngayon na nga lang tayo nagkita eh.. Aalis ka na agad?” pigil nito sa kanya. “You know what? I’ve seen one of your batch mate last day and she told me that you’re already engaged? Is it true my pretty lady?” dagdag nito.

“Hmm.. Yeah!” maiksing sagot ni Joy.

“So its true nga! That Ge—I mean Anderson is your boyfriend! How lucky he is!”

Napakunot ang noo ni Joy. “You know him? And bakit Anderson ang tawag mo sa kanya?”

“Yeah! I know him but we’re not friends. We just know each other! Don’t you remember my pretty lady? Im the King Tiger of our school.  Si Anderson ang pinaka mahigpit kong kalaban sa basketball..” he explained.

“Ahh I see... Uhm! Sorry hindi ko naisip yan. Alam mo naman na wala akong hilig sa basketball Miggy eh!”

“I know! That’s why Im wondering why Anderson is your boyfriend. Well, sure ka naba sa kanya?”

Nairita si Joy sa tanong na yun sa kanya. She frowned, “Ano bang klaseng tanong yan Miggy? Of course I am! Hindi naman ako papayag magpakasal sa kanya kung hindi ako sigurado eh!”

“Eh sya? Does he really loves you?”

“Oo! Teka nga.. Ano bang pakialam mo Miggy ha? Just like you and Gerald, we’re not friends din!” naiinis na sagot nya.

“I care for you of course! You know naman, school days pa lang I like you na but you keep on rejecting me! Ano bang meron kay Anderson na wala ako?” he said then he gave her a naughty smile.

“You care for me? Ok ka lang eh hindi nga tayo close eh! Sorry but I have to go Miggy!” she said then she walked but he stops her.

“You know what my pretty lady, I knew Anderson for years! Alam kong minahal nya ng sobra ang dati nyang asawa, kaya hindi ako naniniwala na mahal ka na nya ng ganon. Who said that he can love you that much?” he hissed.

“ME!! You jerk!” Gerald said. They both looked back and saw Gerald standing behind Miggy while looking at him, he smirked, “Why Montenegro, haven’t your mom told you not to hit on someone’s girlfriend?”

Joy feel the tension between the two that’s why she went beside Gerald then he clunged on his arm. “Babe tara na!” she said then she pulled him and walked passed by Miggy.

Miggy just shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know! Well! You have to take care on my pretty lady Anderson or else I would be happy to do that for her!”

Gerald looked back and gave him a deadly stare. “Back off Montenegro!! This pretty lady beside me is not yours, she is mine and I would fight death or hell for her, so don’t you dare because I will never give her up!”

Joy held his hand and smile at him. “Babe please? Basketball ang nilalaro nyo hindi boxing okay?!” She jokingly said to ease the temper of her boyfriend then she looked back at Miggy. “It was nice seeing you again Miggy but I do hope that this would be the last!” she said then she pulled Gerald away.

“Anderson! Your such a lucky asshole for having her in your life but then if you let her go, I would be that lucky guy who will treasure her more..” Miggy whispered while watching them walking away.

--------------------

Joy was busy eating her ice cream while they’re on the road when she realized that Gerald have never tasted his own ice cream and was just busy driving and looking on the road. “Babe? Ayaw mo ng ice cream?” she sweetly asked.

Gerald creased his forehead. “Babe, kala ko ba hindi ka mahilig sa basketball?”

“Hindi nga!”

“Eh why you know him? And my pretty lady pa ang tawag nya sayo? Close kayo Babe?” he asked

“Babe, hindi kami close, nakilala lang nya ko dahil minsan sinama ako ni Benjie sa practice nila. Ayun lang yun!”

Gerald pouts. “Hmm... Buti pa si king tiger kilala mo. Pero si king eagle hindi..”

Joy let a soft laugh. “Big deal ba yun Babe? Malamang makikilala ko sya kasi school mate kami.. Tsaka never ko syang napanuod maglaro na kalaban ka..”

Gerald smiles, “You should see me playing basketball Babe..” he said then he winked at her.

“Hmm.. Eh paano naman? Graduate ka na noh!”

“Really? Manunuod ka ng basketball kapag ako ang maglalaro?”

“Sure! Para makita ko naman kung paano maglaro ang kinababaliwang King Eagle ng Ateneo!” she smilingly said.

Gerald laughed. “Alright! Now hindi na ko mahihirapang pilitin kang sumama sa charity basketball game ng company!”

Joy creased her forehead. “Ha? May ganun? Ayos ka ha? Na blackmail pa ko! Haha! Kelan ba yun and saan?”

“The day after tomorrow Babe.. Its Ken’s team against my team. Kasama yung ibang team mate ko before.. Sa Batangas ang place Babe, after the game, deretso ang lahat sa Anderson’s Resort.” he smilingly said.

“Okay.. Wait Babe! Pwede ba natin isama si Benjie, si Perly and yung boyfriend nya? Naglalaro din yun ng basketball.. He can be an additional to your team..”

“Sure Babe.. Thank you!” he said then he pouts his lips that makes Joy lightly hit him on his forehead. “Just drive Babe! Kailangan na nating makarating sa studio. But first say aahh.. Sayang ang ice cream eh!”

“Aahhh..” he said then she place a spoonful of ice cream then laughed.

Gerald coughed, that makes Joy panicked. “Babe? Ok ka lang ba?” she asked but Gerald didn’t answer her. He stops the car and started coughing badly. Joy felt guilty she lightly tapped. “Sorry Babe.. Sorry!”

Gerald didn’t say a word. She bit her lip, “Sorry..” Gerald looked at her while breathing harshly then gave her a smile. “I’m okay Babe..”

“Sure ka? Parang hindi naman, pulang pula na yang mukha mo kakaubo eh!” she answered in a worried voice.

“If you really think that I’m not okay then give me my medicine..” he said then smiles.

“Teka tingin ako sa bag ko baka may dala akong gamot..” she said then started looking for medicine in her bag. Gerald groaned, “Babe that’s not the medicine I need..” he said then he pouts.

She creased her forehead. “Oh ano yan? Inubo ka pero lips ang affected sayo hindi ang throat? Haha!”

Gerald frowns at her that makes her laughed then she gave him a quick kiss on the lips. But Gerald didn’t let go of her, he kissed her gently then he smiles.

Joy hit him in the arm, “Hoy mister sobra ka na ha!” Gerald just smiles and started to drive again. “Thank you misis! I love you..” he said then he winked at her.