~Twenty-One~

::::

Yang Jeongin:

Day 21

I ran into school, feeling jittery and relieve at the same time.

I quickly did my locker combination, and yanked open the door as fast as I could. I pulled out the books I needed for my first few classes, and then bolted to first period.

As soon as I entered the classroom, the late bell rang. I sighed, and walked over to my seat, panting for air.

I combed my hair with my fingers as the hand glitched over and over again. I didn't have time at all to throw on my packet or pants, so I'm sitting in class visibly becoming more transparent. 

The kids around me were staring continuously, and it made me feel paranoid. Everyone is just judging me, and it hurts my confidence.

To my left is Chan, who looked very confused as to why I was almost late for class and out of breath. I noticed he had a water bottle next to him, so I took it and started drinking it till it was empty.

"Um, yeah I didn't need that anyway," he sarcastically said, staring at me with disappointed eyes. "Why are you so out of breath?"

I slammed the empty bottle down, and got out everything I need for class.

"Because, my mom wanted to drive me here today but I know I can't face her. It would be very clear I'm fading, and I do not need to be interviewed on why."

Chan then observed me carefully, and I felt a bit awkward with him staring me down like that. He seemed to finally noticed how bad I looked.

"Oh, Jeongin..." he started speaking, voice dropping. He ruffled my hair, and you can see the pain in his face. "You look...awful."

It broke my heart hearing it come from someone else. But, I know it's true.

"I'll be fine, Chan," I tried to comfort, but it was no use. As each day goes by, I become closer and closer to dying. And as one of my best friends, it must be very hard to watch it happen. Especially because you never know when.

Soon, Seungmin came quietly walking into class, embarrassed knowing he's a few minutes late. I looked at him, shrugged, and he awkwardly sat down behind me.

After looking at him closely, I was able to tell he started becoming more transparent like me. It was hardly noticeable, but I recognized it from when it first happened to me.

"You okay?" I whispered to him. He looked tired and worried, and simply like he just didn't want to be here.

He sadly nodded, and I could tell it was a lie, "I guess so. Just a bit scared."

"I shouldn't have thrown away all my makeup. Maybe after school we can go shopping for you."

Seungmin gave me a smile, showing me he's in. We high fived, and he interlocked our fingers at the end of it. I showed him comforting eyes, before I turned back around.

What we are going through now is honestly just so scary, and you can't help but be anxious about it. Knowing you're living your last few days, and trying to spend them like it's a normal day is just impossible. You always can't help but think, this is my last time doing this, or, is this my last time?

Chan noticed our facial expressions change, and like the good friend he is, he rubbed my back as support. But I wouldn't have known he did unless I saw him.

"Wait..." I mumbled nervously. I started to freak out, yet trying to stay quiet.

It's like I couldn't feel his touch against my back. I told him to try and do it harder, and I still felt little to nothing. That's when I realized it's getting worse.

I've gone totally numb.