Chapter 31 - ⚠️TW⚠️ What's That Scar?

*A/N - Sorry I didn't upload yesterday, had a busy day! So here's a slightly longer chapter than usual for you guys.*

After showering and washing up, I'm doing my hair and make up in just my underwear. Kat is leaning against the door frame staring into space.

"What's up?" I ask him, continuing to plait my hair.

"Hmm?" he asks, snapping out of his haze. "Oh. Uhh, I was just thinking... Where did you get that scar?"

"Which one? Oh, this one?" I point to the one on my side and he nods. My brows come together and I purse my lips. "It happened when I was with Hitoshi...Shinsou I mean." I look up at him in the mirror.

"What did he do to you?" He asks walking up to me and sliding his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder, kissing it softly.

"It was one of the times that I fought back... Its quite hazy to be honest...but he had a knife and didn't like that I fought back, basically." I look down to my hands and start playing with my nails.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He says sincerely.

"I know, thank you. I don't mind.. It's just hard.. Sometimes." I look back up and smile at him in the mirror, he smiles back at me. "It was a time he needed to give me another dose.. But I kind of acted more docile than normal, to try and escape..."

He looks me in the eyes in the mirror, waiting for me to continue, rubbing small circles into my hips. "He... Uh..." I clear my throat.

*****Flashback*****

Shinsou is standing above me with a needle. I'm in one of my more with it moments so I know what's about to happen. Before he has a chance to touch me, I swing my leg out at him and connect with his legs tripping him over.

As he's still on the floor shocked, I get up quickly and make a run for the door. That's when his hand wraps around my arm and he squeezes tightly. "Ahh!" I cry out.

I try to fight him off and I scratch his face, leaving sharp nail marks all down his face. He pulls out a knife, looking furious. 'Shit, where did he get that?!' I think to myself.

Still holding onto the hope that my boyfriend, the person I once loved and I hoped loved me, was still in there. I spoke to him. "Shinsou, please, just let me go! Why are you doing this to me?"

He raises the knife to my face, threateningly. "Speak again and I won't refrain from using this." He says.

"Did you ever love me?" I ask desperately.

"What did I just say to you, Y/N?!" He goes to stab me but I jerk away from him slightly and he catches my side instead. I Cry out in pain and hold my side tightly. "Now look what you made me do!" He drags me back to my mattress on the floor and throws me down. "Stay there and don't move!" I just nod my head and whimper, holding my side.

He returns with a first aid kit and the needle again. "Don't forget what you made me do again." He says as he sticks the needle in my arm. I see him fussing with the first aid kit and slowly my vision starts to blur as I go unconscious.

*****Flashback ends*****

He unwraps his arms from my waist and turns me around so I'm facing him and hugs me tightly. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. I wish I could take it all away." I nod slightly holding him tightly.

"Thank you for being patient with me and understanding. I love you Katsuki." I mumble into his shoulder.

"I love you too, Y/N." He replies softly as he curls his index finger under my chin and lifts it up to kiss me.

"If you let me get dressed, We can watch a movie or something?" I ask him, trying to change the subject.

"Alright, sure if that what you want?" I nod my head and smile at him. "I'll see you in a minute, then." He kisses me again, softly.

He let's me go and walks into his bedroom again, leaving me to get dressed. You have a lot to answer for, Hitoshi. I sigh and gather my clothes to put on. I slip some jeans and a baggy top (which just so happens to be one of Katsuki's) on and pull my plait out of my shirt, rub it down and give myself a quick look in the mirror. Not bad for a blind pick. He has pretty good taste.

I walk back into his bedroom and see him sitting at his desk, his laptop in front of him and he's scrolling through some of the most recent news articles.

When he hears my footsteps he quickly slams his laptop shut, leaning his elbow on his laptop and resting his head on his wrist as he looks at me, nervously. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"You're so rubbish at hiding things." I say with a laugh and move his arm out of the way grabbing his laptop.

"No, Y/N, don't." He says half-heartedly. "You're not gonna like it."

"Why? What are you hid--" I look at the screen as it loads up dumbfounded. "Oh."

"I told you." He shrugs.

It's a news article on missing people that have gone missing recently in our area. They're all girls. I look back up at him. "You were gonna hide this from me?"

"No, of course not! I just... Wanted to let you in slowly rather than... Well, like this." He says, coming over to where I'm sitting on the bed.

I carry on reading the page:

Missing girls,:
Akari, age 17,
Yui, age 21,
Sara, age 19,
.....
Have all been missing for up to 2 weeks.

There is a lead suspect spotted in the area recently who has had suspected previous history with kidnapping.

He goes by the name of Hitoshi Shinsou, 22. See picture below...

"Oh my god." I gasp. "He's taken more girls, we have to do something about this!"

"Y/N, there's nothing we can do! We need to just leave it to the police." He takes the laptop from me, puts it to the side and kneels in front of me his hands on my knees. "Please, Y/N. You need to let them do their job."

A lone tear falls down my cheek, and I wipe it away quickly. I didn't even realise I was crying, but I can feel my chest going tight and I'm holding in my breath to try and stop the feelings from surfacing. "I--" That's all I can let out before I let it all go and my face hits my hands, everything flowing free.

"Y/N... " He pulls me down into his lap, cradling me in his arms and rocking back and forth on the floor."It's going to be okay. I promise." He says reassuringly as he strokes my hair and planting soft kisses on my head.