Chapter 46 - I Thought I Lost You

I'm laying in my hospital bed, my body is stiff and numb and my head is pounding. My parents are just leaving my bedside but before they go, I ask "Can I see Katsuki? Is he here?"

They both nod their heads at me. "Of course, we'll send him in for you, now."

"Thank you." My voice is still hoarse so it comes out more like a croak and I close my eyes while I wait. A few moments later there is a faint knock on the door. "Come in." I croak out.

The door opens slowly and Katsuki is standing by the door. I give him a warm smile and hold my hand up to him. He closes the door softly behind him and quickly approaches me, taking my hand in his and placing his other hand on my face.

"Hey." He whispers.

"Hey." I say back and he rests his forehead against mine.

"How are you? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" He asks, suddenly panicking and pulling away from me.

"I'm fine, I can't feel any pain right now. I just want you, Kat." I give him another small smile.

"Okay." He nods his head and takes a seat in the chair beside me, still holding my hand. "I missed you."

"I know, I missed you too." I reply squeezing his hand.

"I thought I lost you, Y/N. I was going crazy." He whispers again.

"It's okay now, Kat. I'm right here." He looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"You're right. You are, and I'm never letting you go again." He leans over and kisses me on the forehead.

"I won't let you." I laugh softly, then groan as a shooting pain hits me in the head. "Ah shit."

"You okay?" He says, concern in his eyes and looking me up and down.

"Mhmm. Just my head. I have a killer of a headache." I groan, holding a hand up to my forehead.

"Do you want me to see if they can give you anything?" He asks.

"I already know I can't, I have to wait another hour or two I think." I sigh and let my head sink back into the pillow.

"Okay. Just rest, it's fine. I'll be right here." He says softly, stroking my hair from my face and kissing me softly on the lips.

"Thank you, Kat." I reply, closing my eyes. He takes my hand in his again and kisses my knuckles.

Less than a minute later I'm asleep, the darkness taking me.

~~~~~~

Katsuki POV

You drift off to sleep in front of me, my hand still encased in yours and I smile softly to myself knowing that I have you back.

I lean forward and plant another kiss on your forehead and whisper "I'm not letting you go ever again. I love you, Y/N."

~~~~~

Y/N POV

My eyes flutter open and I look around the room for Katsuki. "Kat?" I call out and try to sit up, getting really nervous.

The door to the en-suite clicks open and Katsuki steps out, closing the door behind him. "Sorry, I'm here. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just panicked. I thought you had left me." I shrug, letting my body fall back onto the pillows.

He approaches me, cupping my face and then kissing me softly on the lips with a smile and shaking his head. "Never."

I smile back shyly. "How long was I out?"

"Not long, about an hour maybe?" He shrugs and takes a seat. "How are you feeling now?"

"A little better, but could definitely do with some more pain killers." As I say that a nurse enters the room giving me a smile and Katsuki a Nod.

"It's nice to see you're awake, Y/N. My name is Nancy and I'm going to be your nurse today, okay? How are you feeling?" She asks, checking over my vitals.

"I'm okay...but my head is really hurting and my body just aches all over." I give her a small smile and shrug my shoulders.

"Alright, well you're due some more medicine now anyway. Hopefully all of the anaesthetic has worn off now so you should be able to move around a bit more soon." She walks to the end of my bed and pulls out a booklet, palming through it. "The painkillers should help with all the aches and your head too. Okay, I'll get the doctor to come around and give you those pills. Give me a shout if you need anything!"

With that, she leaves the room again, leaving me alone with Katsuki once more. "Hey, Kat? Can you help me? I need to move." I raise my hands to him.

He jumps up from his chair and takes my hands, helping me to sit up. I wince slightly but carry on. "Thanks, I want to try and stand up okay?" He nods his head, but I can see how nervous he is.

"You sure? You don't have to push yourself." He says cautiously.

"Honestly, I'm fine, Kat. I just need to move around. It will make me feel ten times better, I promise." I give him a smile and slide my legs over the edge of the bed. I place my hands on his forearms and use him to steady myself as I push off of the bed.

Slowly, my feet touch the cold hard floor and eventually I am standing in front of Katsuki, he's basically holding me up at this point but I feel good knowing I'm out of that bed.

The door reopens and a man in a white coat and a stethoscope around his neck enters. "Hello, Y/N. I'm Doctor Ranj. I see you're feeling better!" He says with a smile as he gestures to me standing up.

"Much, thank you." I smile back and turn my body so I am now facing the doctor and using one arm to hold my self up on Katsuki. He wraps his other arm around my waist so I'm half in front of him on his left side and I'm holding onto his right arm.

The doctor picks up my booklet, flicks through it just as the nurse did, reads her notes and then turns back to me, placing a strip of pills on the table. "Okay, so here's your medication. I'm also going to give you a prescription to take home with you as you're obviously quite well enough. All your vitals are reading fine, you're up talking and walking around." He gives me a big smile. "So if you're happy with it, I'm happy for you to head home!"

I give him a wide grin and nod my head and wince again slightly. "More than happy, thank you."

"Alright, just take these when you're ready and I'll get you discharged and your prescription sorted." He gives me another smile and leaves the room.

I turn to Katsuki and smile that he returns. "I guess we're going home." He says softly and gives me a small kiss.

"I guess so." I pick up the pills and swallow them down with some water. "Oh uh, any idea where my clothes are? I need to get dressed." I laugh.

"Yeah, Mina brought some down for you when you were asleep and I put them in here." He opens a drawer and hands them to me.

"Thanks, Kat." I take them from him and turn to leave but then turn back to him with a shy smile. "Kat, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this alone."

He shakes his head at me and gives me a small smile. "It's okay, I'll help you."

Once I'm dressed, we pack everything up and we head home. Katsuki texts my parents for me and let's them know where to meet us.