Chapter 42 - Police

Katsuki PoV

I'm sat waiting impatiently, tapping my foot on the hard concrete floor of the Police station. We've already explained the situation and they're all just dawdling around talking to eachother.

I get up and storm over to the nearest officer. "Are we going to get this mass-kidnapper arrested and my girlfriend back then? Or are we just going to sit here with the information we have and do absolutely nothing?!" I fume at him. My hand is on the collar of his shirt and he is squirming underneath me.

The detective steps outside of their office, eyeing me up and says "Mr. Bakugo, would you come with me please?" They side step and raise their arm at me to enter their room.

I look to the old man, he has a scraggly beard, short grey hair with a slight quiff and a charming face. He walks with a slight gape I have already noticed and as he takes a step he grimaces. "Great a cripple is on the case." I roll my eyes at him as he gives me a small smile and I look back at the squirreling officer underneath my hand and let him go with a glare. I follow him into his office.

He takes a seat at his desk and raises his arm for me to do the same. I raise an eyebrow at him and huff as I take a seat. "Now, Mr. Bakugo--"

"Bakugo is fine." I say pointedly. "Enough with the niceties. Where is she? When are we going to get her back?"

He gives me that small smile again and sits forward in his chair. "I can assure you we are doing everything within our power to try and find them right now."

I stand from my chair and slam my fists down on the table. "Like hell you are! You don't have anyone out there looking for her! He could be doing anything to her and you have all your men here doing fuck all!"

"Please calm down, i know this is a stressful--" He starts, raising his hand.

"Stressful?! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" I start pacing the room, shaking my head.

"--time for you." He sighs again and gets up from his chair approaching me. "Look son," He places his hand on my shoulder, stopping me in my tracks to look back at him. "You have to let us do our job right now, we can't go out all guns blazing and just hope that we come across them. There's more to it that that."

"But--" I say exasperated.

"No, look kid, how do you think he's evaded us for so long? He knows what he's doing but we have another lead now. He came by car so we have the make and model, we have the registration plate, we have their last known position. Trust me, we have our team looking into it." He looks at me with sympathetic eyes and I look away.

"How long?" I ask.

"We can't say for certain, but with the information we have we can find him using the cctv throughout the city. We will find them. I have no doubts about that." He claps me on the shoulder and walks back around to his desk. "For now, why don't you go on home and have some rest? Leave it up to the professionals to find them, yeah?"

I look up at him, and grit my teeth. "Yeah, professionals." I give him a curt nod and step out of the room and walk towards Mina and Kiri.

They both stand from their seats and approach me. "Well? What did he say?" at the same time as Kiri says "Any news?" I shake my head at them and storm out of the building.

They both stand their looking at eachother, sadness in their eyes. They both want to help their friend but don't know how to get through to him when he's like this. So they just follow him out of the building and let him decide what they should do for him.

~~~~~

I toss and turn in my bed and finally get up. I've had no sleep all night, my brain has been running a million miles a minute trying to figure everything out. I check the time on my phone. It's 4am. I sit on the edge of my bed and run my hands over my face and then through my hair.

My vision starts to go blurry and droplets fall from my face. "Shit." I gasp as I realise I'm crying. I just hold my head between my hands and let it go. I feel my body taking ragged breaths and let my emotions take over.

Once the tears have stopped and my breathing is almost normal, I just feel empty. Void of emotions other than anger. And this anger wants out.

I slowly let my hands fall from my head and get up. I grab my keys from my desk and slip my phone into my pocket after checking for any notifications. None. Doing everything they can, my ass. "Tch." I sigh and make my way out of my room.

"If they won't do their job properly I will." I say to myself with determination and close the front door behind me.

"I love you and I will find you, Y/N."