Chapter 9

(Mikayla's POV)

"Ooo, these earrings are nice," I suggest, pointing out a pair of big, pink earrings that were a bit extreme. We had all moved on to the jewelry store. I needed some new accessories too, but first things first. We need to help Scarlet.

"Uh, I think they need to be more... subtle," she said, disliking my taste in distracting earrings.

"How about these ones?" Hermione asked, pointing out a light pink pair covered in jewels.

"They should be a darker color, so they can match the dress," I explain, critically. I look through the rest of the pink earrings and finally I pick out the perfect pair for Scarlet. "These!" I shout, grabbing all of my friends' attention.

(Earrings in media of next chapter)

"I like them," Scarlet confirms. I smile in success before going on a separate search for my own set of jewelry. In the end, I decided on simple diamond accessories and nude pumps.
~~~
(Scarlet's POV)

After we got back from the jewelry store, I asked Mikayla if she could use her curling spell on the ends of my hair. She says yes and I sit in a low back chair so she can get started. The ball was tomorrow, so I wanted to experiment today. After she curls my hair, I pull it up into a ponytail that comes together right above the curls. Then, I sprint upstairs and go rooting through my trunk. Mikayla comes up the stairs and asks

"What's the hurry?" she asks, coming up behind me.

" I just remembered something that I got us. Merry Christmas!" I say, handing her a package wrapped in sky blue. I wait for her to open it. She gives me a quizzical look, but starts to open it. She gasps and pull out a gorgeous tiara. I pull one out from behind my back, and she smiles and hug's me.

"Thank you so much! Lets try them on!" she says, grabing my hand and pulling me towards the mirror.

"Two tiaras!" I say, and she hugs me again. "I guess it's time for my christmas present to you Scarlet..."
***
Scarlet is the Cliff Hanger Queen!