Chapter 11

(Mikayla's POV)

When I made it down to the Great Hall, Harry and I locked eyes. He looked very dashing in normal, black dress robes. He also had a light blue tie that matched the color of my dress. Hermione must've helped him pick it out.

"You- you look beautiful," Harry stutters. I blush slightly before he held out a hand that I immediately took. Together, we entered the dance floor, hand in hand. I saw jealous glares thrown our way as we made it towards the middle, who they were for, I'm not sure. Either way, it didn't effect me. I was on cloud nine at the moment, and I wasn't coming down any time soon.

In the middle of the floor, we stood facing each other, Harry placing his arms around my waist. Then, I moved my arms around his neck, and we danced back and forth to the pace of the music.

We talked a bit before the slow songs stopped and turned into kids doing karaoke. It was all fun before I found myself being pushed onto the stage and handed a microphone.

I nervously looked through the song list. I finally found a good song that wouldn't make me sound bad. The lone guitar started to strum the familiar tune and I sang along.

"White lips, pale face
Breathing in snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste
Light's gone, day's end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
Cause we're just under the upper hand
And go mad for a couple grams
And she don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
Or sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly

Ripped gloves, raincoat
Tried to swim and stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes
Loose change, bank notes
Weary-eyed, dry throat
Call girl, no phone

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
Cause we're just under the upper hand
And go mad for a couple grams
And she don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
Or sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
An angel will die
Covered in white
Closed eye
And hoping for a better life
This time, we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
They scream
The worst things in life come free to us
And we're all under the upper hand
Go mad for a couple grams
And we don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe we fly to the Motherland
Or sell love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly
To fly, fly
For angels to fly, to fly, to fly
Or angels to die"

After the song ended, I could finally breath properly again. As I got off the stage, I heard the whole dance cheer and clap. "That was really good," Harry said, amazed. I blushed again, muttering a thank you. "I got you some punch," He continued. I smiled gratefully, as I took the offered punch from his hand. I did a double-take however when I saw a speck of blood on the cup.

"Harry, what happened to your hand?" I ask worriedly. I take his hand when he tried hiding it and inspect the cut. "I must not tell lies," I read aloud.

"It's really nothing, Mikayla," He scoffs. I can't believe he's saying this! It's not nothing! "I've had it for awhile now, it doesn't even hurt anymore."

"Is this what Umbridge makes you do furring her detentions?" I ask. He just avoids my eyes. Taking that as a yes, I continue, "Why haven't you told me?"

"I didn't want to worry you," he answers, sweetly. I show a small smile.

"Ok, let's dance," I say, changing the subject, not wanting to ruin this night. "But, we'll talk about this later."

"Wait," Harry whispers, clutching my hand before I could go too far away. He suspiciously looks around before leading me away from the crowd and sneaking into a corner. "While I have the chance, I need to inform you of something," he states. "Hermione, Ron, and I have decided to start up a secret club, so we can take Defense Against the Dark Arts in our own hands. There is going to be a meeting at the Hogshead this coming Sunday involving the club we want you and Luna to come. But, you can't tell anyone," he informs me sternly. I let the information slowly sink in.

"What about Scarlet?" I ask. He gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm afraid that she's too close to Malfoy. We can't risk it," Harry explains. I nod my head, understanding.

"Alright, I will come with Luna," I say. "And, not tell Scarlet."
~~~
(Scarlet's POV)

Draco and I made our way to a comfortable spot on the dance floor. We dance for a long time, looking into each others eyes. After a while, Mikayla got up on stage to sing, and she was amazing! I can't believe she never told me that she sang! At the end of her song I clapped and cheered wildly, then Draco took my hand again. This time however, he noticed my snake ring.

"Whoa! Where did you get that ring?" he asked, looking at it closely.

"Mikayla gave it to me for Christmas!" I said, glad to know he notices what I'm wearing!

"It's gorgeous!" he said, then we resumed dancing. After a while, I noticed Mikayla and Harry sneak off. 'Ooo' I think to myself, smiling for her. After a few more minutes of dancing, Draco and I went to get some punch, and I surveyed the crowd. I saw Mikayla and Harry speaking with Luna, then go off and dance again. I saw a few more ravenclaws I knew dancing, and overall it looked like everyone was having fun.

"Hey Scarlet, there is something I want to ask you," Draco said slowly. My mind started racing with ideas of what he was going to ask me. My first and most reasonable thought was that he wanted to go out with me.

"OK, what is it?" I ask him, trying to stay calm.

"Will you join the inquisitorial squad with me, and help me find out what Potter is up to?" he asks.

"What?!" I exclaim. Then all of a sudden, I get it. "You were just using me! You knew I was friends with Hermione and Harry, so you thought I would know something!" I say, getting really worked up and shouting. I didn't care if everyone was staring at me. "I find it really offensive that you thing I'm the kind of person who would rat out my friends, just because you were my boyfriend! That is sick and low!" Then, I turned on my heel and walked away, and went over to the stairs and pulled off my snake ring. I almost threw it out the window, but then I remembered that Mikayla gave it to me, so I kept it, I just didn't have it on. I slipped off my heels and started to cry. After a minute, Mikayla came over to me and started talking with me.
***