Chapter 04

"I can confirm that a twelve foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed," sheriff Liz Forbes says I he tv as Faye sits on the couch with Rudy. "The hunter is in stable condition."

Faye finishes lacing up her converse as the camera switches from the sheriff to Logan Fell.

"To repeat," Logan says, "the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught."

I doubt that, Faye thinks to herself before she stands. "I'm going to Tyler's, Rudy."

"Be careful," Rudy replies and he turns the tv to a political channel.

Faye frowns at the tv as president Barack Obama speaks. "How do you like him?"

"I just do, Abi," Rudy replies as he smiles at her. "How do you not?"

"Just don't," Faye shrugs and she leaves.
...+...

Faye rings the doorbell at the Lockwood mansion and Carol is the one to open the door.

"Abigail Bennett," Carol speaks slowly.

Faye grimaces at the use of her given name. "Can you call me Faye?"

"Oh, of course," Carol replies, she saw her reaction and she has a feeling as to why she doesn't like her given name. "Tyler's upstairs."

Faye smiles. "Thank you, Mrs. Lockwood."

Faye climbs the stairs, she passes mayor Lockwood on the way up. He gives off a bad vibe, so Faye doesn't acknowledge him as she climbs the stairs. Richard Lockwood pauses at the bottom of the stairs and he watches Faye walk upstairs.

"She dating Tyler?" Richard asks his wife.

Carol smiles. "Yes, she is. She's better than that Vicki Donovan."

Richard shrugs. "I don't know her, I don't trust her."

"You don't trust Tyler," Carol corrects her husband. "It's Tyler you don't like. Faye is a sweet girl."
...+...

"What color should I wear?" Faye asks Tyler.

They're sitting in her room now. They left his house not long after Faye went up to Tyler's bedroom. He invited her to go to the founder's party with him. He's looking forward to actually showing her off.

"Something with black," Tyler replies. "Try something a bit bright, it'll pop with your skin."

"You're such a girl," Faye teases.

Tyler grabs her Joey Tribianni throw pillow and he chucks it at her head. Faye laughs as she catches it and throws it right back, hitting Tyler in the face. Faye turns back to the closet and she finds a beautiful dress. It has a black skirt and the area that covers Faye's bust is sparkly and gold.

"How about black and gold?" Faye asks as she turns to face her boyfriend.

"I like the sound of that," Tyler replies. "Wanna go to the Grill?"

Faye agrees before she changes in front of Tyler into a pair of faded skinny jeans, a brown spaghetti strap, a dark denim jacket, and her converse once again. She and Tyler go out to his truck; he drove instead of riding with Faye this time. Mainly because he wanted Faye in his truck at least once.

Tyler sighs when he sees his parents waving him over when the couple arrive to the grill. Faye squeezes Tyler's bicep before she walks back to the pool table where Matt is.

"Can I join?" Faye asks and Matt looks up quickly, startled. "Tyler's with his parents."

"Grab a stick," Matt states. "I'll rack."
...+...