Chapter 25

Everyone is now at the Salvatore boarding house, waiting for Alaric to show up. Morgan and Lori are gossiping on the couch while Stefan stands close to Elena, like Aiya's. Faye is laying on the floor, being the random person she is. Damon looks down at her.

"Why are you in the floor?" Damon asks her.

Faye smirks and she stands. "No reason."

Damon rolls his eyes and he goes to respond, but is cut off when Alaric enters the house.

"Thanks for coming, Ric," Damon greets and he walks away from Faye, and to the drink table. "Can I get you something to drink! Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

"Elena mentioned you needed my help," Alaric says, getting straight to the point, which is something Faye likes about Ric.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan says.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric asks the vampire.

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon replies as he drapes an arm around Faye's shoulders. "But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might."

"Isobel's research from when you guys were in Duke together," Elena points out.

"You said that she spent years researching this town," Stefan adds.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legends, but at the time, I thought most of which was fiction," Ric claims.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon muses sarcastically. 

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asks.

"The lycanthrope," Alaric replies.

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena asks, Lori and Morgan look at a nervous looking Faye; they know she's been trying to find out more about her kind.

"No way," Damon shakes his head, "impossible. Way too Lon Chaney."

"Is it?" Stefan asks.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one," Damon states. "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

Faye sits on the couch in between Lori and Morgan.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwood's?" Alaric asks.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founder's Day bur the Gilbert device did, and it affected his son, Tyler," Damon says.

"It affected me, too," Faye says and everyone looks at her. "That shit was painful."

"And at the school carnival," Stefan speaks up to rake the attention from Faye, thankfully, "his uncle Mason exhibited some inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers. It suggests it's some sort of supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena says as Faye's leg begins to bounce nervously.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke," Alaric claims. "I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So, can we get access to it?" Damon asks and gets no response. "Ric, we need to know what we're dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may very well be Lon Chaney jr, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."

Faye looks at her hands as Morgan attempts to calm her down, she's scared Damon will hate her because of her lycanthrope blood in her veins. Damon looks at her and he kneels in front of her after Alaric agrees.