Chapter 28

Damon kisses down Faye's jaw the next morning, unable to get enough now that he's gotten some from her. Faye giggles as Damon nibbles playfully at her artery. Damon looks in Faye's eyes and she knows what he wants, and nods.

Damon allows the veins to form around his eyes and his fangs to pop out of his gums. He sinks those fangs into Faye's neck. His hands roam over Faye's body before he pulls away as he enters her, neither one of them had gotten dressed after the previous night. Damon doesn't care that she has a werewolf bloodline, she isn't a wolf yet.

Faye moves to where she is on top, Damon leans up to kiss the teen as she grinds against him quickly. Damon as Faye moves faster until they're done.

Faye puts on her underwear and Damon's shirt before going to the kitchen. She puts on a kettle of tea, Carol had given her some tea bags the last time she was at work. Carol has been an a,among boss so far. She still pays small, but a little more than Richard did.

Damon walks into the kitchen a short time later in his jeans and no shirt, since Faye is wearing it. Damon hums in amusement as he spots Faye still in his shirt and he goes to the coffee pot. Caffeine is his best friend.

"Do you want me to heal your bites?" Damon asks as he travels his finger across her new bites near her collar bone.

"No," Faye replies. "I'll cover it with makeup. Lori and Morgan already know what gets you going with me."

"You taste good, what can I say?" Damon muses as he grabs a coffee cup.

Faye rolls her eyes as she ways for the kettle to hiss.
**************

Faye goes to the Lockwood's after a while to help set up for the masquerade ball coming up. Carol insisted Faye come and help. She knows about Faye's new wishes to run for mayor when she gets out of high school and Carol plans to back her when that election comes.

Jenna even helped Mrs. Lockwood wrangle up some other volunteers. Matt and Tyler are working together, and Carol is being a ringleader and telling them where things go. Faye loves seeing Carol in this mode, it shows she is half way decent under pressure. Faye would hate to see how Richard would manage if he were in his wife's shoes before Founder's Day.

Faye walks around the mansion a little and she goes to a table with the masks where Stefan and Lori are standing. He nods in greeting and Lori browns excited at the sight of her friend as Jenna walks up.

"Stefan, hey!" Jenna greets.

"Hey," Stefan greets in return.

"I'm cooking dinner tonight," Jenna claims. "Ric will be there, you should come."

"You know, Elena and I... we're kinda taking an- pause.,

"Really?" Jenna asks and Stefan nods. "Bevauxe that's not what it sounded like is morning.... Light sleeper. You know what? I heard nothing." She turnsu Faye. "Faye, how about you come over since your mom and John are still honeymooning."

Faye nods. "I'm a sucker for a free meal."

Jenna winks and she walks away.

"How are you and Damon?" Lori asks as Stefan tries to pay them no kind.

"Steamy," Faye muses. "All night freaking long and this morning. I think he's addicted."

"Who doesn't like some chocoalte?" Lori taunts and Stefan suddenly chokes. "Too much?"

"Yes," Stefan replies with an amused glint in his eyes, "too much."

Lori and Faye look at omen another before they start laughing. Stefan rolls his eyes but he begins laughing, too.
***********

Stefan and Faye are working together at a table while Lori goes to see if Mrs. Lockwood has anymore work for her to do. Mason comes walking up with a box and he looks puzzled and kind of sad when he spots Faye.

"Hey, Stefan," Mason greets.

"Hey, Mason," Stefan greets.

Mason puts the box down on the table as he stands near Faye. "Wasn't expecting you here. Or anywhere."

"Yeah, I had this little accident," Stefan claims. "But I'm fine now."

"What did you do to the sheriff?" Mason asks b

"Oh, she's fine," Faye replies and Mason snaps his gaze toward her. "But, my lovely mom's best friend, you're going to have to do your own dirty work from now on."

Mason eyes Faye and he nods. "Not a problem," he says and he walks away.

He accidents bumps into Bonnie and before leaving. Gone looks strange. Stefan and Faye notice and they approach Bonnie.

"What's the matter, Bon?" Faye asks her cousin. "Are you okay?"

"When I touched him, I saw something," Bonnie claims, referring to Mason.

"What do you mean?" Stefan asks. "Like a vision?"

"I saw Elena," Bonnie says.

"You saw Elena?"

"He was kissing her," Bonnie adds.

"No, Bonnie,Elena wouldn't kiss..." Stefan pauses and he and Faye groan. "You didn't see Elena."

"You saw Katherine," Faye grumbles. "That's who he was with while with me."

Stefan gives Faye an apologetic look. "Your love life is crappy."

"Tell me about it," Faye mumbles. "We need to tell Damon.l

Faye grabs Damon's arm and pulls him off to the side where Stefan is. "We just found something out."

Damon furrows his eyebrows at the seriousness on Faye's dark eyes. "What?"

"Katherine is with Mason," Faye tells him flat out. "Bonnie saw it when she bumped into him earlier."

"Katherine's wirh Mason Lockwood?" Damon raises an eyebrow.

"We missed it," Stefan states. "Be got into town right after she did. It makes perfect sense."

"I know, but Mason Lockwood?" Damon scoffs. "Werewolf thing aside, the guy is a total surfer. She's gotta be using him. She has to be."

"Using him for what?" Faye asks.

"Mason is looking for a moonstone thst allegedly can break the werewolf curse," Damon explains. "Maybe Katherine wants it as well."

"Why?" Stefan asks.

"Well... no idea," Damon replies with a defeated sigh. "That's the beauty of Katherine; she's always up to something."

"So, how are we going to find this moonstone?" Faye inquires.

"Jeremy is getting it from Tyler," Damon replies as if it's nothing.

"Why would you involve Jeremy?" Stefan scoffs and he slaps Damon on the arm as he walks away.

"He's playing Indiana Jones," Damon claims. "He involved himself."

"I can believe that with it being Jeremy," Faye mumbles when she's alone with Damon.

Damon tilts her head up and he hums before kissing her. "Keep being hot, little miss. I'll see you later."

Faye smirks and she walks back inside to help set up for the upcoming masquerade.
***********

Instead of witnessing Mason possibly be killed by Damon, Faye stays with Lori at the Lockwood mansion to help sort through the masquerade masks. She is oddly looking forward to this. She always looks forward to the events where she can dress to impress.

Caroline is gone and Tyler walks in, looking for Mason. Faye begins feeling sad and Lori tells her that she can leave. Faye does and she bids farewell to Mrs. Lockwood, promising she will be at the masquerade ball coming up. Carol accepted her words and sent Faye on her way.

Faye drives home instead of to the boarding house, Damon is supposed to let her know when it's clear for her to come over. He wants to be sure Liz is compelled and gone, and Mason is dead and gone. Faye understands, so she doesn't press Damon.

Faye cooks her up some tacos and eats at her kitchen island.