Chapter 50

Faye and Lori go to the school together, Rebekah said she might show up later. Faye stand in front of the school, a few feet away from Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie. Faye grins. Faye is having a hard time believing it's senior year already.

"Senior year, Lor," Faye coos. "Can you believe it?"

"It's exciting," Lori agrees. "That o neg was good this morning."

"It was," Faye muses. "You ready for this?"

"No, but we should go in before we change our minds and skip the first day," Lori says.

Faye meets Elena's eyes, and Elena looks away. The hatred in Elena's eyes isn't really a surprise to Faye, but it still hurts. Lori reaches and she hooks her arm with Faye's before they head inside.
*******************

Damon reads the letter from Faye once more as he sits on his bed. He wishes she had just told him she likes Klaus. Who's he to judge? He is falling head over heals for his brother's girl, rather his brother is an emotionless vampire now or not.

Damon lays the letter on the table beside his bed and he stops by Faye's now empty room. He frowns as he looks around and he heads downstairs, making sure to step over two dead girls on his way to the living room where his now annoying little brother is.
***************

"Care, can I join the squad this year?" Faye asks as she sees her hanging a flyer.

"There aren't any positions," Caroline coos. "But you should still come to the bonfire. You and Lori."

"Thanks," Faye mutters and she walks away to find her class.
......

Faye goes to herb history class and she shares this one with Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Stefan, and Lori. Lori and Caroline weren't in her history class as juniors, but she loves this. She takes a seat in the back beside Faye and Stefan bullies a human out of the seat beside Elena. Faye sighs.

She can't believe Klaus compelled him to turn his humanity off. Damon has been texting Faye since he got the letter, saying how he doesn't hate her and that her room is still hers, and giving her updates on Stefan and himself.

Alaric walks in the classroom and closes the door when the tardy bell rings. He writes

AP AMERICAN HISTORY

Arica the board with some chalk, chalk she made sure she got him before coming back.

"Welcome back, seniors!" Alaric greets as he turns around. "Let's turn our brains back on, starting with thus country's original founders... the native Americans."

"Hat about the Vikings?" Rebekah asks as she walks into the classroom, she sits in the last available seat near the front.

"There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States," Alaric replies. "Who are you?"

"My name's Rebekah, I'm new," Bekah says. "And history's my favorite subject."

"It's also Faye's," Ric points out. "So good luck."

Rebekah turns and looks at Faye, who smirks at her. "Alright," Rebekah replies.
****************

To: Faye
From: D. Salvatore
Tyler is sired to your boyfriend. How is that possible?

Faye sighs.

To: D. Salvatore
From: Faye
I don't know. Tyler was Klaus's first hybrid, so I guess it's common? I don't know... and he's not my boyfriend.

Damon replies back with 'yet' and Faye ignores it. She finishes getting dressed and she leaves the motel room. She drives to the high school and goes out to the football field, where the bonfire's already lit. She spots Rebekah by the fire.

Faye grabs a stick from a pile and walks over to the fire, ignoring the two. She sticks three marshmallows on it and she puts them over the fire, allowing them to burn. The hybrid watches as the flames dance on the top marshmallow and she blows it out when the white is covered with black. This makes her smirk and she eats the top one off first.

Rebekah smirks at her when she sees Faye eating the marshmallows slowly off the stick.

"There are scewers for that," Rebekah says as she walks over.

Faye wipes some of the marshmallow cream from the corner of her lips. "I know. This is moor outdoorsy, roasting marshmallows with a stick and not metal."

"Can I?"

Faye hands her the stick. "I'm going to get a drink, Bekah."

"Please, call me sis," Rebekah says. "I'll find you later, sis."

Faye nods and she walks away. She takes her flannel off and ties it around her waist and she fills a cup up with some beer from the keg.
***************

Faye decides to do a keg stand. She hands her flannel to Elena, who actually offered to hold it. This leaves Faye in her boots, leggings, and cropped top, and moon necklace. Faye walks over and two students hold her legs up.

"Drink! Drink! Drink!" Students chant as Faye sticks the nozzle in between her lips.

Elena laughs in koi until she sees Stefan leaning against a tree, watching her. She raises her glass to him and drinks, Stefan follows and does the same. Elena faces Faye as she stumbles on her feet.

"Whoa! That was a rush!" Faye giggles. "Hey, Lena, thanks."

Faye ties the flannel around her waist.

"Do you really like Klaus?" Elena asks.

"Yeah..." Faye replies as she looks at Elena. "I know you don't understand why but if you saw how Klaus is with me, you would. It's like Damon wirh you... almost."

"How is he with you?" Elena asks. 

Faye smiles. "He has never, not once been mean to me. Sure, he's an evil asshole to pretty everyone else around him but when it comes to me? I don't know how to explain it. It's like he wants to woo me."

"That's actually sweet," Elena says. "Damon..."

"Lori says you two are getting close," Faye says. "Is my ship going to sail?"

"What? No!" Elena gasps. "No. I love Stefan."

"Yeah, but you love Damon, too... you just don't know it yet," Faye replies. "Do you hate me for liking Klaus?"

"Not anymore," Elena replies. "You helped me understand."

"I'm going to go find Lori," Faye says. "See ya, sis."
*****************

Faye goes to her motel room after the party and she showers. She smells like booze and campfire. She isn't complaining about the smell, but she likes the smell of her strawberry shampoo, conditioner, and body wash better.

Klaus had gotten the set for her while in Chicago before they woke Rebekah.

Faye finds Lori and Rebekah talking on the other bed when Faye exits the bathroom. She says her good nights to both of her friends before laying in the free bed.