Chapter 21

Faye goes to the high school, where the floats for the Founder's Day parade are being built. Tyler was supposed to be on the history float with Jeremy for Ric, but where he was Faye's escort to the miss Mystic Falls event, he will be with her. Stefan and Elena, plus Caroline and Matt will also be on that float. Alaric will have to find someone else to fill in Tyler's spot on the history float

Alaric hands out the assignments; even though Tyler won't be on it, he was designated as the head of production design due to his good artwork. He will help design the float while Alaric finds his replacement. Alaric then pulls Faye away, the same with Stefan and Elena. They all go to his classroom, he tells them his vampire wife, Isobel, is in town.

"Faye, could you text Damon?" Elena asks.

Faye pulls her phone out and does as she is asked.

To: D. Salvatore
From: Faye
Come to Alaric's classroom, promo. It's important. Maybe we can hook up? :)

To: Faye
From: D. Salvatore
Oh baby, don't tease me like that. I have wanted your gorgeous self since you was wirh Lockwood... I'll be right there.

"He's on his way," Faye says Ashe looks up from Damon's response.

"What'd you tell him to get him to agree so quickly?" Elena asks, she rises a eyebrow.

Faye smirks. "You don't need to know."

Stefan laughs. "Of course."
*...+...*

Damon eventually shows, about thirty minutes later.

"Damon, thanks for coming," Alaric says.

"Sorry I'm late; dog ate my... nevermind," Damon says and he glances at Stefan and Elena. "What's with all the furrowed grows?" He walks over to Faye and leans against the wall beside her. "You owe me, tease," he whispers and Faye smirks.

"I saw Isobel last night," Alaric tells his 'friend'.

"Isobel's here?" Damon asks and Ric nods. "In town?"

Damon looks at Elena when he learns this. He furrows his own eyebrows as Faye leans her head back.

"This is why I'm a tease," she whispers. "You don't notice me otherwise."

Damon looks at her. "Of course I do," he claims and looks bar at Elena.

"Uh hub," Faye snorts. "I'm going to help with the floats."

Faye pats Alaric's shoulder before she leaves his classroom. Damon wants to go after his friend but he can't find himself doing so. He's concerned about Elena's state of mind.
*...+...*

Faye sits at the bar in the Grill. "Mom, can I have a soda?"

"Of course," Laney replies. "You know the price."

Faye pulls out her wallet and she pays her mom. The mayor pays her a little but he still pays her, so she can pay for her own things at the grill. Richard loves having Faye around the office; she's bright and leader material. He wants to make her mayor one year when she's older and possibly out of college and if he dies before, Carol will take over. Or Rudy, since he's a huge politician.

Faye knows that Isobel is sitting with Elena but Faye is making it easy to think Elena doesn't know her. It's why she's getting a sofa at the bar where her mom is working. Stefan is being obvious at the pool tables while Damon is outside with Alaric.

Faye pays for her soda before she sips on it. She wishes she could have vampire hearing to know what Isobel is talking to Elena about but she's out of the loop. She knows Stefan won't fill her in and she wishes Damon were in here to do so, she knows Damon would willingly fill her in on what's happening.

Stefan doesn't even think Faye should know about vampires, period.
*...+...*

Faye is helping Matt with the trailer when it suddenly falls, crushing both of their arms. Matt screams out at the same time as Faye. She grits her teeth as Matt yells for someone to help them. Tyler and a few of his jock buddies run over. Tyler's eyes widen when he sees that Faye is also one of the injured.

The jobs try and help him until Stefan walks up. He lifts the trailer off and the duo fall back together. Faye whimpers as she touches her injured arm and she leans against Matt, who allows her to.

"Caroline, call and ambulance!" Stefan demands as she blonde rushes to Matt.

Caroline sighs as she comes back, "the ambulance is saying 15-20 minutes."

"I have my car," Tyler offers. "I can take them to the hospital."

"Caroline can take me," Matt sneers, but also grimaces in pain.

"I didn't drive," Caroline claims.

"I'll wait," Matt says stubbornly while Faye let's Tyler help her up. "It's fine."

"You will not wait, okay?!" Carokine exclaims. "You need to see a doctor, Tyler is driving. End of story."

"Fine!"

Stefan lets Faye stand with him while Tyler goes to pull his car around. "You okay?"

"It hurts, a lot," Faye whispers.

"You'll be ok," Stefan mutters. "Want me to heal you, or Damon?"

"No," Faye shakes her head. "I want to heal in a human pace, but you should call my mom. Maybe she can get off to come to the hospital and get me."

Stefan nods and he grabs his phone. Faye gives him Laney's number and Faye sits beside Matt.

"You hurting as bad as I am?" Faye asks him.

Matt chuckles. "Yeah, probably. You're a tough one, we both are. We'll be..."

"Faye!" Lori's shriek cuts Matt off, and she kneels beside her friend. "Oh god, are you okay?!"

"I'm fine, relax," Faye mumbles. "Tyler is bringing me and Matt to the hospital."

Lori nods and she looks back an equally worried Morgan. "We'll meet you there."

"Laney needs a ride," Stefan says. "Her car won't start."

"We'll pick her up," Morgan says before she and Lori leave.
*...+...*

Faye watches as the doctor puts a cast on her arm as Laney arrives in the room, Lori and Morgan are in the waiting room since Laney is Faye's family. Every time the doctor applies even a little pressure, Faye tries not to grimace.

Laney holds a hand over her mouth as she watches the doctor wrap up her daughter's wrist.
*...+...*

Faye and Laney go straight home after the hospital and Faye goes to her bed. She lays down with her wrist on a pillow and she stares at the wall, the pain too much for her to sleep. She denies any kind of pain medication.

Laney sits on the couch and she falls John to talk to him.