INTERLUDE

Cara's P.O.V

I walk down the stairs of my...

Uncle's house. I meet him at the bottom of the stairs with a smile on his face. "Ahh. My beautiful niece. You keep getting more beautiful with each passing day." He takes my hand and kisses it. I do a little bow for him. "Thank you uncle." I say a bit nervous.

"Well, shall we?" he asks gesturing to the ball taking place in the palace.

"Yes we shall." I smile and uncle leads me to the dance floor. "May I have the first dance?" he asks me once we reach the middle of the room and everyone has cleared the way for both of us to dance. "Yes you may." I agree. Uncle places his hands around me. I place my right hand on his left shoulder and my left hand were in his hands.

The music started playing.

"Wow, look how they move"

"Isn't Princess Cara beautiful?"

"Yes she is, she is the most beautiful women in the kingdom!"

I smile at the last comment. The most beautiful woman in the kingdom. That is true, no one is a match to my beauty. Uncle notices the smug smile on my face. He chuckles and keeps quiet.

"But it's a pity it's only temporary. Her younger sister Rosie, she, you can tell will surpass Cara when it comes to beauty."

"Have you seen her big eyes? They are the most beautiful thing I've ever set my eyes on."

"I have a son just her age, Nicholas. Wouldn't it be fantastic if I could ask for an arranged marriage? So that such beauty runs in the family line for ever?"

I accidentally step on uncle's foot. He doesn't make a fuss nor says anything to attract attention. "You stepped on me." his eyes turn into slits but his face still smiles. "Sorry uncle, but all I keep hearing about right now is Rosie." I try to keep my composure. He chuckles.

"Don't worry. Our plan will work. Just as long you left her where we planned you would, you won't have to worry about her." He smiles and twirls me when the music goes a bit higher. We start to speed up the pace of our dancing to match the music. "I did. And that fool actually believed me when I said she needed protecting. It's from her they need protection from." I smirk as the music finally comes to an end.

"Good girl, now I hope he didn't recognize you." He mutters and claps his hands with the crowd. I do a little bow and look towards uncle with a smile on my face.

"He didn't suspect a thing."

Uncle nods and makes his way to another group of people to go socialise with leaving me to my own devices. "Cara." A voice makes me stop dead in my tracks. I quickly turn around and I'm met with Prince Ferveris Knightly. "Prince Ferveris, what a pleasure to meet you." I do a little bow. "Stop with the formalities Cara. It's getting on my nerves." He chuckles as he moves closer to me to give me a hug. My heart does a little jump as I feel his body close to mine.

"How's it been?" he asks backing up and flashing me my favorite smile. "No, it's been good. Everything has been going well for me." I pause as I see him beam. "And I hope everything is as well for you?" I ask him. He nods and takes a glass from one of the passing waitresses. "Want a glass?" he asks me. "Yes please." I nod and he takes another for me. I gladly take it.

"Yes. My parents are just half way done with the negotiations with your family for the arranged marriage between me and Rosie." He beams with excitement. The drink gets caught in my throat. "Whoa, Cara are you alright?" he asks me gently patting me on the back. I clear my throat and smiles. "Perfect." I lie.

"I hope so." He chuckles. I just smile and take another sip of my drink. "So yeah. I'll be getting word from your uncle's very soon and I'm so excited. Rosie is a lovely girl and she is just what my kingdom needs. A beautiful, smart, strong and kind Queen. When she is of age, we will get married and start our new life together." He takes a sip of his drink and looks towards Uncle.

I try not to let the anger inside show.

"By the way, have you seen Rosie? I haven't laid my eyes on her since last year's ball." He asks me. "She's um, kind of sick. So we thought it be best if she just had an early night." I lie and back away to leave.

"Well I should be going." I say as I see him open his mouth to say something. "It was nice meeting you Ferveris. Enjoy your night." I say and walk away from him. I take a deep breath.

I'll be damned if I let Ferveris marry Rosie instead of me.