DECOY

Casper's P.O.V

(of what happened)

I see Rose walking with that Jordan mutt.

She has let her guard down; she can't sense I'm around. She's surrounded by two other females' and they all seem to be enjoying themselves. I look to my left and see Parker with this other human girl talking and eating cotton candy. If this wasn't such an important task I would've listened in on them. They seem to be talking of something interesting. I chuckle at how nosy I've become. Age does something to you, doesn't it?

I look at the sky.

The cloud is about to pass the other cloud in any second. I make my way towards them.

Five. I pass a couple holding hands. Four. I increase my speed. Three. Two. One.

The gunshots are heard and people start scrambling looking for safety. Perfect! Before that Jordan mutt can even get to Rosie I hit him hard on the back of his head and he stumbles forward falling onto one of the girls he's walking with. "Jordan!" they yell trying to scramble back to their feet.

The humans start screaming and running around searching for a place of safety. "Jordan?" Rosie panics trying her best to get to Jordan. That's when I grab her and cover her mouth with a cloth that has drops of anesthetics. Knowing her kind, this won't knock her out but merely just makes her docile for a few minutes. Minutes that are vital for this plan.

I quickly pick her up like I would if I had a child and start running with the humans. I reach Kenny and see that most humans have evacuated the place. "Casper." He says a raspy voice. Being around so many humans is starting to get to him. "Here. I want you to wait for a few seconds before you make your escape with Rose." I tell him taking one of his guns. "Here." I give him to her. He takes her and then holds her by her hair.

I give him a look. "She's heavy." He shrugs. I chuckle and shake my head. "If she wakes up and is fully able to fight back, you'll regret it." I tell him and start running, leaving him laughing to himself.

I hope that idiot doesn't do anything drastic. This is a simple plan, he better not mess it up for his own safety.

~

I smell Kenny approach me. I climb higher up the tree I was standing in. I keep my eyes on the brown and black streaked wolf. It's quite big for not being an alpha male. And it's gaining in fast on Kenny. I start my descend down the tree to meet Kenny with Rose.

"Casper!" he yells for me. I don't respond and jump down on the ground behind him. He turns around and Rose looks up to me to give me a cold hard glare. She's getting out of it. I cover her mouth again with the cloth but this time a stronger dose of anesthetics. She keeps shifting her head not wanting to inhale. "Inhale it, damn you." Kenny snarls getting annoyed, holds her face still and closes her lips shut forcing her to breathe in with her nose for air.

She inhales it and she falls limp in Kenny hands.

We hear a growl coming from behind me. I stop what I'm doing and don't look back. I sniff the air and smell 4 more wolves coming in hot. They brought in back up. Well, that doesn't bother me. I take out the syringe in my pocket and insert it in her neck.

"Casper." Kenny warns me but I'm not done with what I'm doing. My senses are going crazy as I literally feel him behind me. "Well, this can't be helped." I sigh and turn around to give the mutt a hard kick on the face. I hear him whelp in shock and pain. I hit his nose where most of his sense are. Then two other wolves charge in around me. I quickly turn to take out the syringe from Rose's neck and look Kenny in the eyes.

"Cover me." I order him and quickly disappear before these wolves jump on me. I make my escape, leaving Kenny behind. 

If he dies, he dies. One thing I can't afford to lose right now is my life.