Chapter 2

Cyanna's POV

The first day of class

I slept horrible my first night. There where crabs everywhere. Well I woke up the next day and got ready for school. I had class with Isadora. Isadora and I started walking to class.

"How do you guys sleep in there?" I asked.

"You get used to the crabs pinching you" she explained to me. I nodded as we walked into class I sat near the back hoping not to get noticed.

"We have a new orphan in our class today" Miss Bass announced everyone looked back at me and I looked at Isadora she smiled slightly.

All we do in her class in memorize measurements

Meanwhile with Violet, Klaus and Sunny.

Count Olaf slapped Klaus in the face and then him and his troop left.

"Are you alright!?" Violet kneeled down by him.

"No, we are very far from alright, we lost our parents and our sister and we live with a terrible guardian I don't think we are alright"

Violet sighed "I know Klaus but we have to try, there's something our parents didn't tell us, why didn't we ever meet count Olaf or even here about him?"

Klaus shrugs "I guess you are right" he sighed.

Cyanna's POV

Class was really boring, after class we had lunch. Luckily Isadora Duncan and I where not late to class so we got to eat with silverware. As I walked in the lunch line the server, who I recognized from somewhere looked at me.

"Wait I gotta give show you something" he whispered I looked at him and nodded. I started to walk to the table and then dropped my tray, on purpose.

And of course Carmelita was around, Duncan and Isadora told me about her "The cakesniffer can't even hold her tray" she started tap dancing and I rolled my eyes and went to the back of the line. After everyone was gone the guy walked me away from everyone else.

"I'm Larry" he said.

"I'm cassidy" I replied back, confused.

"No I know you are not you are Cyanna Baudelaire"

"What- no, Um" I said nervously "How do you know about me?"

"It's a great disguise trust me, but you have the same gleam in your eye that you mother had"

"You knew my parents?" I asked.

"I did we where part of a organization together, you'll learn more about that when you reunite with your siblings but there's something about there , If they do end up coming here don't tell them you're who you are, I man named Jacques Snicket believes someone survived the fire, that's not you" he explained.

"One of my parents could be alive...?" I looked up at him my eyes widened.

"You survived its possible but where not sure, that's where you come in, if you can get to VFD headquarters and see if your parents are there I can't tell you where it is you'll have to read up on the subject with the book "The incomplete history of secret organizations" I have the book with me it's behind your shack hidden under some shrubs can we trust you?" He asked and looked at me

"Yes you can" I smiled and got more food and walked over to Isadora and Duncan.

"What was that about" Duncan asked.

I had to think of something quick "He was a friend of my parents he was asking how I was" I lied. He nodded and we ate.

Carmelita walked over "Cakesniffing orphans in the orphan shack!" She repeated while tap dancing.

"She does this all the time" Isadora whispered to me.

"Just go away Carmelita" Duncan said annoyed.

Carmelita kept singing and tap dancing as the rest of the cafeteria joined in. It went on like this for a few minutes until she finally stopped. "I made a poem a week ago about Carmelita"

"You write poems Thats pretty cool" I complimented

She smiled gently "I would rather eat a bowl of vampire bats then spend a hour with Carmelita Spats" she said.

I smiled "It's amazing" I looked around "I have to go do something before class starts " I got up and ran to the shed and looked for that book. I found it hidden in the shrubs, I knew I needed to look at it to understand what was going on.

I picked the book up and brought it inside the shed and opened it. I started reading it. Then I realized I had to go to class so I rushed to Miss Bass's room and sat down I was almost late but luckily I wasn't late. It was another boring class of measurements. After class we had a bit of time before the recital. I ran to the shack Isadora and Duncan behind me.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Duncan asked

"Sorry I love reading and I really wanna read this book my parents left for me"

"Oh Um ok" Duncan said.

I went inside and grabbed the book, I started reading then peeking over my shoulder.

"Wait a second!" Isadora exclaimed. She started digging in her pockets and pulled out half of the spy glass form from the picture I had in the book. We all looked at each other.

"Where did you find that?" I asked suddenly.

"It was in our house after the fire" Duncan explained.

"Did you guys not have the other half?" I asked.

"No we searched our whole house or what was left of it we couldn't find it" Isadora replied.

I sighed "Then who has the other half..." I mumbled to myself.

"We better get going to his recital" Duncan said. Isadora and I nodded and walked to His recital.

"Wait Isadora What is his name he never told me"

"Vice principal Nero" Isadora replied as we took our seats.

You might think a violin recital might be pleasant, maybe a 30 minute recital and such, but a six hour recital is what I sat through, and worst of all Vice Principal Nero didn't even know how to play the violin. I almost wanted to leave, but I remembered I had no money besides my fortune, but I would never spend it on candy bags, and if I'm "dead" I don't get it.

Either way after the recital I was exhausted we all walked back to the orphan shack and fell asleep, I was too tired to read. Something I have never said before. I fell asleep.