Chapter 7

Cyanna's POV

As we left V.F.D (which this one stood for Villiage of Fowl Devotees) I couldn't get Duncan off my mind.

Quigley looked over at me "Whats on your mind Cyanna?" He asked me we where walking back to the mountains.

"Nothing" I mumbled "I'm fine" I looked down at my feet to avoid eye contact.

"Cyanna you can talk to me" he said nudging my shoulder "Cmon"

"Fine alright" I groaned "Yes I like Duncan but I didn't realize until I saw what was carved into the red herring, he likes Violet and I'm not getting in the middle of that"

Quigley sighed "I'm sorry... maybe his feelings for Violet will change" he assured me. I shrugged and we kept walking. We where silent until about nighttime where we had to camp out in the middle of nowhere.

"How are we supposed to start a fire and eat?" I sighed.

"That's where I come in, I knew the journey back was gonna belong especially since Jacques died..." he sighed "Anyways I got supplies to help us with Fire, food, water and a place to sleep" he smiled proudly.

"Great work Quigley" I smiled and we got everything set up. It wasn't the best but it was the best we had. We started a fire and stayed warm. We just ate some nuts as that's all we had. We got in the tent. "Goodnight Quigley" I smiled over at him.

"Goodnight Cyanna" he said and returned a smile. Quigley fell asleep and I tried everything was on my mind that day.

Like are my siblings ok? And Duncan Quagmire. I finally tried and got some asleep after about a hour of being awake. 

The next morning

Quigley shook me softly "Cyanna wake up" he said. I opened my eyes. "Morning sleepy" he smirks.

I rolled my eyes and sat up "Morning Quigley" I rubbed my eyes. I started taking of my Cassidy disguise and put it in Quigley sack. We packed up everything again and started on the road.

I was exhausted and I sighed "You look terrible" Quigley teased me.

I rolled my eyes "Thanks Quigley" we both laughed. I am very glad to this day I met Quigley he was my forever best friend.

I felt my legs slowly start to give up.

Quigley's POV

I looked over at Cyanna I could tell she was exhausted. She was getting paler but whenever I said we should take a break she insisted to keep going. "Cyanna Cmon lets take a break!" I said loudly.

"No Quigley we need to keep going.

Cyanna's POV

I felt my knees hit the ground. I was so exhausted I couldn't walk anymore. Everything was spinning. I felt Quigley put a hand on my shoulder he was saying something but I couldn't figure it out.

Quigley's POV

As Cyanna hit the ground I kneeled down by her putting a hand on her shoulder. "Cyanna!" I said nervously looking at her I couldn't tell what was going on I knew she was exhausted I just assumed it was something like that.

We sat there for a few minutes.

Cyanna's POV

"Quigley" I looked at him my breath heavy.

"What is it? Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine I just got dizzy and had a hallucination but I'm fine now" I stood up and he helped me. I smiled slightly at him.

We started walking, slowly and soon we got back to our normal pace, it was a long walk.

"Quigley do you think Duncan will actually wanna be with Violet..." I asked in a sort of mumble.

"I don't know Cyanna" he said "But He'd be pretty dumb if he chose Violet over you"

"You are so cheesy Quigley Quagmire" I chucked and we both smiled at each other.

// sorry this was short but next chapter there is gonna be a time skip to when the Baudelaires come to mount fraught :)