Stay and Get Drunk With Us

THIS WAS THE FIRST FANFIC I STARTED DURING THE PANDEMIC BECAUSE I WAS BORED AND IT NOW HAS 1.4K READS. YOU GUYS ARE WILD AND DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ME?? I bet half of that number was me reading my own story but THANKS FOR THE CONTRIBUTION, YOU'RE A PART OF MY LITTLE CULT NOW <3

It's been a few months since I moved into my new apartment where I was neighbours with my current close friends, Kelsey and Rett. Kelsey lives upstairs from my flat and Rett's is right next to mine. It's been a good couple of months for all of us and living with them was more fun than living in dorms.

Kelsey is the manager of our building and a talent hunter. She likes fashion, more specifically one piece outfits that she can take off easily, and mosh pits. She was also the one responsible for me and Rett becoming friends, which brings me to my next introduction. Rett is a college student and ice hockey player, and a good one at that. He likes popular early 2000s music and drinking beer with his team mates.

At first glance, me, Kelsey and Rett don't have anything in common but when you get to know us, you realise we all have one thing in common and that is our love for chaos. Not chaos in a bad way, but in a constructive way.

Let me explain what constructive chaos is. It is the kind of chaos that you can untangle and come out of perfectly fine. For example, Rett's games usually go pretty rough with plenty of fights on ice. I once went to one of his games which was frankly brutal, and even though Rett didn't punch anyone, I could see that he liked the harsh aspect of the game. He once told me he sleeps better when he's worn out.

Kelsey's chaos is more obvious than the rest of ours. She calls herself a talent hunter because she likes meeting people with explosive amount of potential, and unfortunately ends up sleeping with them most of the time. She's not patient enough to be a PR agent, but that's what her ultimate goal is. What's chaotic about her is that she gets blackout drunk at gigs and wakes up with numbers of people on her phone, which she claims is a part of her job. I have to admit, she does have a lot of contacts and good relationships with most of them which works well for her.

I'm a political science student an a part time bartender at the pub downstairs from my apartment. Even though Rett and I go to the same university, we don't usually see each other there, instead, I almost always see him at the pub with his friends. The only downside of having five ice hockey players at a sports pub is the fights. We don't live in a quiet or nice neighbourhood and people aren't afraid to initiate fights around here.

At college, I took a class called conflict resolution for one semester, which was a voluntary class and not a part of my major, but I ended up really liking it. I guess you could say that's the appealing side of chaos. Breaking up fights and sending people home unharmed kinda makes me feel like an unofficial hero which I've only ever felt during debates before.

The day we met Luke, an aspiring musician, was just like any other day, except Luke Hemmings doesn't come into your life any other day. The pub was awfully quiet that evening, probably because there was an old game on TV and it was a Thursday.

Rett came into the pub with a huge box of Barry's Irish tea in his hands. I raised an eyebrow.

"Are you a boyscout now?"

"They're for my marketing class. I have to find a way to advertise these until tomorrow."

"Kelsey's better with helping out with these stuff. I mean, she advertises musicians and actors, I'm sure she can advertise a box of tea."

"She doesn't advertise them, she sleeps with them." he rolled his eyes.

I thought about a way to get me out of my friendship duties. I just wasn't feeling like getting involved in a project I didn't have any ideas about.