Luke's Girlfriend

It had been a week since I last saw Luke or anyone from his band. Kelsey told me that they've been pretty busy the whole time so I figured it had to be the reason why he never texted or called. Maybe he didn't have time to come and hang out. Which is why I decided to go to his place after class.

"Do you have plans for the weekend?" Lucy asked on our way out of class.

Theo caught up with us. The three of us were becoming closer since we took the same classes and we were all in the organisation team of our school's MUN conference. It was a strange kind of friendship since Lucy and Theo despised each other just a few weeks ago and back then I had plans to hook up with Theo. It was funny how everything changed so fast.

"I don't know, I'm sort of waiting to hear from Luke." I admitted.

"Did he not say anything after that night?" Lucy asked.

I shook my head.

"Hold on, am I missing something?" said Theo.

"Luke's mad at Franky for no reason." Lucy informed "Also since when do you need to know everything?"

"Since I'm friends with Franky longer than you."

"Trying to hook up with her hardly counts as friendship."

"Guys!" I interrupted their argument.

"Right, sorry. Do you not have any idea at all why he might be acting that way?" asked Lucy.

"No idea."

"I never took Luke as a closed off guy. He was always just so open and fun when you were around."

"Well, he is. Luke likes people but he also keeps a lot of things to himself."

"God he's hot."

"Lucy." I gave her an unimpressed look.

"What? I'm merely stating a fact."

"I hate my life" Theo murmured.

Lucy smirked and put her arm around his shoulder, knowing well that he wouldn't like it. I left them by saying I had to do something while Lucy was ruffling Theo's hair and Theo was throwing curses and trying to get out of Lucy's grip.

Luke's house was a bit far so I had to leave right after school to catch him at home. I didn't know if he had any plans to go out so I had to be safe. It was seven in the evening already and the sun was going down. When I knocked on the door, I expected Ashton to answer, because, for some reason, he always was the one welcoming everyone. However, it was Michael who answered the door. His hair was purple this time which made him look nice.

"Franky! I didn't know you were coming over."

"It was a last minute decision." I replied.

"If you're looking for Luke, he's not here. No one is actually."

"Oh." I looked around awkwardly, a bit disappointed. "I see."

"But you're welcome to come in and hang out if you'd like. I don't know when Luke will come back but you could wait."

"I wouldn't wanna bother you."

"Don't be ridiculous. Come in."

The house looked so silent without the other guys in it. Michael was the most silent one out of all the guys but so far we got along pretty well. I wasn't used to being the center of attention myself either, which for some reason made me feel safe in his presence. We sat down outside of the house, looking at the back yard, drinking tea.

"Luke hasn't mentioned your name in a week." he said all of a sudden. "Which is rare. He literally talks about you all the time usually."

I blushed uncontrollably.

"He hasn't talked to me in a week. I was wondering if something was wrong."

"If something's wrong, trust Luke to not say a word about it."

"I figured." I sipped my tea.

"Do you think maybe you've said or done something wrong? When did this start?"

"It started the day everyone kept talking about my crush on someone. It was honestly insufferable until we got to the bar you guys were at, and Luke completely ignored me there."

"Oh." Michael looked away awkwardly.

"What?"

"Nothing." he shrugged

"Michael."

"That day Ashton got super drunk and puked in Calum's car." he laughed "But worst of all was when he confessed his love to you on our way home."

"What?!"

"Oh, don't worry, he doesn't actually love you, he's just very loving when he's drunk, like a teddy bear. He told Calum and Calum's girlfriend that he was in love with them the last time we went out."

"Oh, okay." I calmed down a bit.

"You're surprised now but imagine Luke's face when we told him about this. It was priceless."

"Do you think this could make Luke mad?"

"He knows how Ashton is, I'm sure Luke's fine with it. But he really was quiet for the whole week."

"Michael."

"Yes?"

I sighed, debating if I wanted to tell him this or not. It was only Rett who knew about my feelings so far and Michael and I were not as close but I had the feeling that I really wanted someone to know.

"I really like him."

He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Wait, who do you like?"

We heard the sound of someone unlocking the door and Luke came in with the redhead I've seen a couple of times before. He stopped at the sight of me sitting outside with Michael. Our eyes met and I couldn't look away until he broke eye contact. I turned to Michael to see the realisation settling in, his eyes getting wide and his lips curving into a smile.

"Of course!" exclaimed Michael happily.

"Michael." I warned, already regretting telling him.

"What? Can't I be happy?"

"There's nothing to be happy about."

"Would someone care to explain what's going on?" Luke stood in front of us with the girl next to him.

"Franky and I were just chatting." Michael smiled innocently.

"What are you doing here Franky?" he asked without any emotion in his voice.

"I'm here for Michael." I half-lied. Hanging out with Michael was nice but it wasn't my initial intention.

"Michael, huh?" he crossed his arms.

All of us stayed silent for a while, not knowing what to say, until Michael turned to the girl.

"Good to see you Ashley." he smiled.

"Good to see you too. Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"This is Franky." Michael introduced me.

"Nice to meet you Franky. I'm Ashley, Luke's girlfriend."