Unexpected Gesture

For this chapter, you have to know a couple of small things about MUN which I'll list at the end of the chapter in case it confuses anyone. This is a short chapter since I already posted once today but I hope you'll still enjoy.

One thing I hated about university was that all the buildings were very spread out so I had to run from one class to another and still be late.

I had MUN now and I was feeling extremely hungry. Luke kept texting me from the studio throughout the whole class which I answered in small complaints about how hungry I was.

When I reached the building where the club was gathered at, I was out of breath and extremely hungry. It was safe to say that I was in a bad condition when I saw Luke in front of the building, holding a bag of takeout food. I didn't have to hang out but I also didn't want to ignore his unexpected gesture so I pulled him into the room where we had MUN.

"Just play along with it." I said before I barged into the room pulling Luke in with me.

I didn't consider the fact that me being late and holding a gorgeous blonde's hand would grab literally everyone's attention.

"Sorry I'm late. This is Luke, he'll be joining us as an observer for today." I said in a rush.

"Hi." Luke said in his charming voice which earned him a couple of giggles from the girls.

Lucy, the secretary general of our conference nodded professionally and sent me a wink when everyone turned their heads to look at Luke again. I just hoped he didn't see it or I'd be pretty embarrassed.

"Anyway" Theo continued from where he left off before Luke and I came in. "I believe I had the floor."

"We're not at a conference right now. I mean, Franky has takeout, you can relax a little." Lucy laughed, taking a fry from the bag.

I could see Theo was unhappy with the recent developments.

"I think we should apply the MUN lingo and rules here as well to keep it professional during club hours." he offered.

"Nah." Lucy put another fry in her mouth.

Me, Luke and everyone else watched them like we were watching a tennis match. Having Luke there was like a strange crossover between two different parts of my life. He wasn't an MUN type of guy but I could see that he was enjoying it.

"Motion to follow up?" asked Theo.

"For the tenth time, we're not following conference rules outside of conferences." Lucy rolled her eyes.

"As the leader of the debate club, I feel like it is my duty to offer solutions to better every other club I'm in." Theo replied.

"Isn't this the guy that passed out mid-makeout?" Luke whispered in my ear which tickled me.

He already knew the answer so I didn't reply.

"Motion to move on?" I held up my hand.

"Granted" Lucy played along to silence Theo.

"On what grounds?" said Theo, clearly annoyed that Lucy agreed with me and not him.

"On the grounds that I'm losing my goddamn mind." I said.

"I think we all are a little. Moving on" Lucy slapped her hand on the desk "Did you find a DJ?" she asked me.

As the head of organisation, it was my duty to find a venue for the conference and the party we would have afterwards, along with a couple other things like arranging the music and the badges.

"Not yet. The last DJ I contacted turned out to be a convicted thief." I chuckled at my misfortune.

Lucy sighed.

"Guys, the conference is soon. Does anyone have any ideas?"

"My ex was a DJ" a girl I recognised from before said.

"Are you on good terms?"

"No..."

Lucy pinched the bridge of her nose.

"How about you Luke? Do you know anyone in the music business?"

"Yeah, plenty." he answered.

"Oh" she was surprised "that's actually convenient."

I smiled, knowing that I could perhaps convince Luke to play at out event. I didn't want anyone to know yet that he was the lead singer in a band that was becoming increasingly famous, since he already attracted enough attention by just being there and eating fries.

After we were done, Luke and I were walking to my place. I think we were both a bit tired of all the talking that happened in the room so we were a bit more silent than usual which I had no problems with. He put his arm around my shoulder in a tired manner but I could still see the amusement in his eyes that indicated there was more going through his mind.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"I'm thinking you should get another boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"He asked you out Franky. What more can a guy do to show interest?"

"I'll never go out with him."

"If you say so" letting his amusement slip into his voice.

MUN: Model Uniter Nations, a political debate club in some high schools and universities.

Secretary General: The head of the conference basically. Their role is to make the conference happen and it's the highest possible role.

MUN parties: After the conference, delegates attend to parties organised by the organisation team.

MUN debate lingo: debates have rules in MUN. You have to speak according to that or the chair will correct you.