My Time Now

Tom stands on the balcony of his room, overlooking the dreamy landscape before him. The sun is setting, the air is warm, birds fly across the sunset and flowers dance in the breeze. Everything is so tranquil and serene.

But he's incredibly nervous.

He would finally be marrying the woman of his dreams in front of all his friends and family, but somehow, he was terrified.

Even after going through so much already; taking on the role of Spiderman, getting past 3rd base with Nicki, and defeating the ultimate evil villain, James Charles. How could he be scared of his own wedding?

He keeps overthinking everything, especially one remark that was made to him on the day the battle ended. He doesn't even notice that Robert Downey Jr. has walked into his room.

"Hey sport, it's almost time. Are you ready?" He asks by the doorway.

"Um...yeah. Wait, no....I don't know..."

Robert furrows his eyebrows and walks over to Tom.

"Where is that coming from?" He asks.

"I gotta be honest with you, man. I'm freaking the frick out. Maybe we were rushing things, maybe this is too soon. I don't think I'm ready, not anymore." Tom confesses.

Robert grabs Tom's shoulders.

"Ok ok breathe, son, breathe. Calm down. You're talking crazy as hell right now. How could you be like this when it wasn't long ago that you were willing to risk your life for Nicki?" Robert asks.

"I don't know. It's just, I've never done this before. And..." Tom trails off.

"And what?"

Tom takes a deep breath.

"I was thinking about what that little twat said to me on the battlefield. He was right. I'm not strong enough for Nicki, I don't think I ever was. What if something bad happens to her again and I still can't save her? What if I'm not good enough for her?" Tom says.

Robert closes his eyes and thinks.

"That's a pretty ridiculous fear you have going." Robert says, chuckling.

"She doesn't deserve me, she deserves better

"She doesn't deserve me, she deserves better."

Robert firmly grabs Tom's face to make him listen. Tom stares at him bug-eyed.

"You have gained so much strength since then, both mentally and physically, of course you'll be there for her this time! And there's no one else I could see her with right now than yourself. You still love her, right?"

"Of course I do."

"Then stop doubting yourself, this is a very special day. I demand that you cheer up, forget about all this bullshit, and go marry the love of your life!" Robert says.

He slaps Tom.

"Ow, what the bloody hell was that for?" Tom says, holding his cheek.

"Sorry, I had to get some sense into you one way or the other, boy." Robert says, adjusting his blazer.

Tom lets all of Robert's encouragement sink into his soul, making him feel better already. Suddenly, he doesn't feel so nervous anymore. He made the right choice when he proposed to Nicki, it was meant to be.

"Um, it kinda worked. Thanks, I guess." Tom says.

"Well, I believe the ceremony is about to begin." Robert says.

"Yeah, let's get going. I don't wanna mess this up."

"Wait..."

Robert grabs Tom's arm to face him again.

"There's something else I want you to always remember

"There's something else I want you to always remember..."

"What?"

"That you are a true hero, you can do anything. Even the impossible."

Tom nods, smiling proudly.

"Right, I'll never forget that. You're a hero too, and so are the rest of our costars."

"We been knew, son."

"Haha, true." Tom says, lowkey mad that they all kept the superhero suits a secret from him because they thought he was too cocky.

Robert puts his arm around Tom and leads him to the door. They walk together down the winding stairs and wait at the entrance to the main hall where the ceremony is taking place. The symphony begins playing, his best men and Nicki's bridesmaids line up behind them, making Tom's stomach turn.

Robert looks at him, and gives him a pat on the back.

"This is everything you've ever wanted. Don't worry, I'll be right beside you." He says.

Tom nods and braces himself as the doors open.

"I know. I think I'm ready now..."