[23] Truth spills out

I was sat- we were sat I should say, on the beach. My mom and Ollie were walking along the New Jersey shore. Tom had actually invited the girl he met. She seemed super sweet actually. So that leaving Billie and me.

I was being off with him. And he was sat beside me annoyed. We hadn't spoken in a hot minute or two because he was angry.

It was the Ella situation. The fact that Ella had cheated on him, everything Tom had said had gotten into my head. It was all eating away at me. It was killing me.

I had actually spoken to Miles earlier on. I called him up and asked him if anything else had happened with Ella. He said no, but maybe he was lying. Since I did flip out at him when he told me about the kiss. He asked me how things were going with Billie and I told him basically nothing. Not about the whole eye contact thing, the dress, our conversations. I just blankly said no.

The tension between Beej and I was brewing. It was growing. And we both let it. I didn't want to, but it was him that was angry at me.

Or maybe I should break it.

"I'm sorry I'm being weird," I finally gave in, looking over at him. His eyes stayed ahead looking at the sea which was a while in front of us. Ignoring me. "Billie, I'm sorry,"

"Do y'know something I don't?" He spoke. Looking over at me, still seeming pissed off. I felt a little intimidated.

"What- no, why would you think that?" I asked confused. Playing it off as best as I could.

"That thing you wouldn't tell me," he pointed out. "What was that?"

"Are you kidding?" I widened my eyes surprised at him even bringing that up again. "You're still not over that!?"

"Well, I just want to know what it is,"

"We aren't doing this again. Drop it." I firmly ordered annoyed looking away from him. I could feel myself becoming pissed off.

"Whatever," he mumbled under his breath.

I sighed loudly. I give up with him, arguing with him was like arguing with a brick wall sometimes. Why did I have to fall for this guy out of everyone? Why not... why not that guy over there? Sat under the sun umbrella listening to music on a towel. Or- why not that guy in the sea? With the glasses on and the bright orange swim shorts. Why not the obvious teenage boy helping out in the ice cream van that was a bit behind us on the empty street. why Billie joe?

But I knew why. I guess that's what I hated the most.

I stood up off of the red towel I was sitting on as Billie looked over at me confused, but he didn't say anything. I pulled the towel up and folded it in my arms then putting on my shoes getting ready to leave.

"You're seriously leaving?"

"Yes, Billie. I am. Tell them I felt ill or something,"

"You use that excuse too much, I'm not lying to your mom for you. I'll just tell her you got arsey and left,"

"Y'know what Billie, just fuck off." I growled walking away.

I heard him quickly run behind me before I felt a hand land on my shoulder and spin me around. My eyes met his, his eyebrows furrowed down and his lips set in a hard straight line.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean fuck off? I haven't done anything wrong,"

"You can't let something go that already caused an argument plus! it happened over two weeks ago!"

"I can too let it go!"

"Do it then!"

"I don't wanna,"